13

|Third Person POV|

Silence. That is all you could hear as the werewolves made a giant line across the field. None of them dared to disturb the silence, the last moments of peace. It was all a waiting game now. Waiting for the humans to arrive.

Olivia and Aspen stood behind them all, ready to use their powers. All the werewolves chose which form they wanted to fight in. Half of them stayed in human form, the other half chose their wolf form. It all depended on what form they fought the best in. Luke and Aaron chose wolf form. Aspen and Olivia both found it easier to use their powers in human form.

Aspen and Olivia were mind linking when they heard it. The crunch of fall leaves as their enemy approached. 'For them being lighter then werewolves they sure aren't that quiet,' Aaron thought as the line of humans reached the tree line.

BANG!

The first shot of the war, the moment that all hell broke loose as Brantley, Aspen's brother, fell to the ground with a bullet in his skull. He was the first casualty and he will not be forgotten.

|Olivia's POV||Twelve Hours Later|

It's over. The war is over. The humans ended up surrendering. We won, but at a price. Brantley and Hunter are both dead. Ben is in surgery right now. I don't know what he is going to be like when he wakes up. His brother and mate are both dead and Aspen is in a coma. At this point we don't know if it's the spell we cast keeping her alive, we should know more soon. Aaron is in critical condition, but he should be fine. I'm fine, just a few bruises and cuts. Luke isn't seriously injured. Mathis has a few broken bones, but he should be okay. Almost everyone close to us is okay, at this point it's just a waiting game now.

During the war, I only took two lives. Jessie and Blake. They were the only two I wanted to kill, but Jessie wasn't pregnant anymore so Luke's child is out there. I put a team on it and they are already on it. I just don't know what to do with myself right now. I can't do anything because I used all the strength I had during the war.

I just want everyone to be okay.

|Ben's POV|

I watch Aspen's chest go up and down. The only indication of life from her, except that stupid heart monitor. I just need silence. My mate and brother are both dead. My sister is in a coma, but that may be only because she cast a spell that protects her baby. And last, but not least, my mom is a hollow shell of who she was before my dad dies. That is what happens when you lose a mate. It Aspen dies... I won't be able to live anymore. I will have lost everything and everyone I care about.

###

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed the LAST chapter of "The War"! There will be an epilogue. It is time to say goodbye to these characters. I know that this wasn't the best book, but I still hope you enjoyed it regardless. This book will not be edited. Once I hit that completed button I am closing this chapter of my writing and beginning a new one. I'm actually currently working on a new werewolf book that will be out sometime this year! It will be called, "The King and Queen". I hope you'll check it out! 

Vote! Comment! Follow me (Insta: Kourtneybooks18)!!