"Whoops, I don't understand."

"Of course you don't." I murmured under my breath. "Pay attention, Jack." I grumbled.

"Ms. Gardner, Mr. Garfield, quit your talking." The professor said with a glare. I directed my own glare at Jackson.

Just like when we went out for breakfast that one time and he made me late for class, he's trouble.

Oh well.

After class ended and Jackson stood up, I swung my fist into his stomach.

"I feel the pain Lincoln felt." He grunted.

"Wimp." I said walking away.

"C'mon, Jace," he said jogging to catch up to me.

I love doing this to people: walking away and acting like you're mad at them. I find it amusing as they plead for your forgiveness even though you aren't mad at them.

I used to do it to Michael.

I stopped and turned around, hugging Jackson quickly. He hugged back, skeptically.

"You okay?"

"Yeah!" I grinned. "Perfectly fine."

And I was. I had Jackson now. Jackson won't hurt me like Michael did.

Jackson walked with me back to my dorm, hand-in-hand.

"See ya, Jack!"

"Bye Jaycee." He stole a peck from my lips before walking away coolly. I rolled my eyes but couldn't keep the smile from my face.

"Hey, best friend!" Claire said as soon as I opened the door.

"Hi, Clairey. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom. Then, we can leave."

As we took the elevator down to the main floor after my bathroom break, I asked, "Where do you want to go?"

"Denny's?" She suggested. It was only about a mile from here, not much of a walk.

We got there and already knew what we wanted. Claire ordered so damn much I don't know how she remembered everything.

"So, what are you doing later?" I asked Claire, leaning forward to take a sip from my Coke.

"I'm meeting a friend from my old town at the mall. Right after this, actually." She took a brief drink from her milkshake. "You?"

"Tutoring Jackson."

"Are you guys dating yet?"

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"Are you going to?"

"Are you going to date Josh?"

"Probably." She shrugged.

"Wait, what?"

"Answer my question first."

"Maybe." I answered quickly. "Now, what changed? You told me in the beginning of the year that you'd never date Josh."

"I've always loved him, I just didn't want to risk our friendship."

"What's changed?" I repeated.

"I love him too much to label ourselves as friends with benefits." She sighed. "Now can we change the subject off of guys?" I agreed to that and we talked about, well, everything.

I asked about her parents, she asked about mine. We talked about old high school friends, I was kind of embarrassed to though because I didn't have many.