32

EDITED

32

*two months later - early August*

My summer had been going peaceful enough. I spent most of it inside or tanning out on the porch. A few times throughout the summer Dylynn and Matt would come up or Alesha, Riley and Caleb. Chris came up basically every weekend. Word got out, obviously. I didn't care at this point. They were bound to find out eventually.

I was sitting on the porch reading when I felt my phone buzzing under my thigh. I picked it up and glanced at the caller - it was Josh.

Josh had been really busy with Bobbi and hasn't been able to come up, which I understand. We still talk on the phone almost every day.

"Hey, Josh." I said, putting my bookmark inside the book I was currently reading - The Notebook, for about the 22nd time. "What's up?" I asked.

"They let me take Bobbi home last night, that's why I never got around to calling you back."

"Oh my gosh! That's awesome!" I squealed as I stood up. I earned a glare from the elderly lady that lives next door who was trying to nap on the porch.

Why couldn't old lady Georgie live there still from when I was kid? Over the past two months I learned that Elderly Elena is always grumpy.

"I need your help, Jay." He sighed, sounding absolutely distressed. "Please come down for a week to help me get settled with Bobbi. For me? If you can't do it for me then do it for Bobbi or Claire. Just please."

I felt horrible. Josh needed my help in California, and I was in Colorado.

"Yeah, Josh I'll be there." I promised. "I'll talk to my dad about getting me a ticket when he comes home from lunch."

"Thank you, Jaycee. It means a lot." He assured me. When I heard cries in the background, Josh sighed again. "See you soon."

Honestly I was scared, I knew there was a higher chance of me running into Jackson than not.

~•~

My dad dropped me off at the airport and said goodbye to me.

Before the plane left the ground, Josh had texted me and told me Matt was coming to pick me up from the airport. Dylynn was supposed to go with him, originally, but something came up.

Dylynn and Matt were still going strong, and I was happy for them. When they had come to Colorado to visit, they made me happy just by being around their happiness. I miss having that with Jackson. What a shame.

Me: hey ..cancel your weekend trip to colorado this weekend
Chris: o why??
Me: bc I'll be in cali in about 3 hours :)
Chris: aye that's awesome! to help Josh?
Me: yea, but im sure we will still see each other!
Chris: alright cool see ya soon!

I put my phone on airplane mode after he sent that, because they had made an announcement that we'd be taking off very soon.

Someone sat down next to me and released a loud breath when they did, like they ran here.

And that person just so happened to be Michael Shock.

Instantly, I was ready to book it off the plane. Seriously I was about to, until they announced the doors were now closed and take off would be momentarily.

I don't know if he has recognized it as me, yet, so I plugged my headphones in my ears and stared out the window, being sure that my hair was covering my face.