11

EDITED

11

Jaycee's POV-

I stood over the sink in the kitchen, hands on either side of it as I took in and let out deep breaths.

I don't want to tell Jackson, even after he told me his entire past. I'm hurting him by keeping it from him.

Even though I was trying my best to keep the tears from falling for the second time today, they did anyway. It started off with quiet sobs until they got so bad I was gasping for breath. I was crying so hard that I couldn't breathe.

"Jace? Jaycee, are you okay?" Jackson asked as he walked in. "Holy shit! Breathe... Shh.. It's okay..." He took me into his hold and rubbed my back soothingly.

"I want to tell you, now." I said, before my brain could even register that I was going to say that.

Jackson pulled away and looked at me, unsure. He could tell I didn't even fully register that I had said that. "Hey, how about you go lie down and think through what you'll tell me? I'll make you food. How's soup sound?"

How could someone not fall for Jackson Garfield? He's damn near perfect.

"Okay." I agreed. He kissed my forehead before released me so I could go back to the main room where my bed was.

I laid there, thinking through what I was going to say that was least likely to trigger tears.

"Ready?" Jack sat down on the end of my bed, after placing the hot soup on my bedside table.

"Come lay next to me." I said, shyly. Jackson chuckled at my shyness, but did. "Now, I am."

"Freshmen year, I had my first boyfriend. He was a player all through middle school and I knew it well. That didn't stop my full-blown crush I had on him.

At freshmen orientation, he asked me out. We started dating a week after that. We dated for the entire freshmen year. Little did I know, that stupid ass player was cheating on me with three other girls the entire time. I let that horrible excuse of a guy kiss me, hug me, hold my hand; all while I was feeling real things, he was just doing it for himself. It fucking hurt." I whispered the last part.

"Wow..." Jack murmured, seeming at loss for words. That's okay though; I didn't expect him to know what to say. "I... Didn't you think I was just like him?" He questioned. "I was, emphasis on the was, just like him. But I never cheated. I never will.."

"Don't remind me..." I grumbled. "But yeah... A normal girl would look at as making the same mistake twice, but I'm not normal. I trust you, Jack."

"I'm glad." Jack whispered and pecked my forehead. I love it when he does that. "Why did you run away when we were at the library earlier?"

"He was in there... With a girl... it brought back unwanted memories."

"D-do you still have feelings for him?"

"Hell no." I snapped. Not at Jackson, but at the thought of Michael. "Unless pure hatred counts."

Jackson wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. "Good."

"Now there's no more secrets." I promised with a small smile, looking at Jack. "Right?"

"No more secrets." He agreed.

Jackson and I sat there for a while, watching tv and cuddling. It was nice.

Tell me five weeks ago when I started tutoring him that I would be cuddling on my bed with Jackson Garfield, I would've laughed so hard; i'd probably start crying.