Chapter 2 - Bursts of feelings

Chapter 2 – Bursts of feelings

I couldn’t, no I wouldn’t let the only person who was the other half of me die. I tried to keep those thoughts away, but they kept on creeping in.

I fell to my knees to help Bay. He was still breathing, but had lost a lot of blood.

I propped him up against the tree and weaved bandages to stop the blood from seeping out. I washed the blood away from his body.

As I was pouring water to get the blood off his head, Bay’s eyes opened.

His tried to speak, but I stopped him.

His eyes started fluttering and he fell back into his deep sleep. The bandages were covered in blood within five minutes. I had to stich his eyebrow, knee and elbow together.

The animal had scratched Bay all down his back and chest. I had to take off what was left of his shirt to get to those wounds.

He had a necklace on that I hadn’t noticed before. It was a silver locket. It had a Bell charm on it that didn’t make a noise when you jiggled it, but had a picture, a picture of me and on the other side him, Bay.

Why would my picture be there? Why would a Bell be there? The world around me had stopped. So many thoughts had popped into my lose head.

The first thought was believable, but I do, sort of, but don’t want to be true.

Does he love me?

As in life long lover?

Do I love him back?

He deserves more than me!

Why me?

Of all people he might love!?

Me!

Bay had snapped me out of my thoughts, when he grabbed my hand. My eyes almost instantly meet his. Then Bay grabbed my other hand.

I saw his lips move.

“Thankyou” slipped out of his mouth.

His eyes were as colourful as normal, but his skin colour, drained from colour.

I got some rabbit into him and some water. He slept for a while and started to get up on his feet. We walked back to our poor home town, his arm around my waist.

I was there to lean on as he was always there for me.

I lead Bay to his house. His Mother was the first person who came to my mind.

Bay’s Mother was the medic of the town. Well the only one I knew of. Claire, Bay’s Mother, told me to hold his hair back as she stitched his forehead back together.

I ran my finger through his hair. Bay made an effort to put his hand on mine.

“Ma, can we have a minute. Please” Bay had asked.

Claire nodded and walked out of the room and left Bay and I near the fire.

What did he want?

What does he want to tell me, that his Mother had to leave the room?

Why didn’t he want me to leave or Claire and I leave?

He had told me to sit in the chair, but I saw him struggling to get his body into a sitting position. So I went to help him, to lean on me for support.

I felt his body shake as he lent on me to help himself get up.

My eyes were locked on his, Bay’s lips started to move and his gentle voice spoke.