Chapter 1 - Good times Bad times

Chapter one: - Good Times and Bad times.

The smell of fresh, clean forest air never fails to wake me up with delight. But today it did. I woke to the screams of my Mother.

I ran straight to her room, wondering what had startled her this morning. My heart was beating faster than usual. My clumsy feet slipped on a puddle of red blood and my dace landed on my father’s dead body.

The moaning form my mother was making woke up Bloom, my little sister.

Shit!

Blooms eyes were fixed on Mum’s closed door with fresh blood seeping out of her Mothers bedroom. She ran straight to the door, stepping in the blood, splashing up the white door. I held the door shut, trying to keep her from seeing her father’s dead body on the floor.

Her screams of horror was pulling me in two different directions. Mum was still moaning and hiding under the covers to keep her screams contained, but it didn’t help. Bloom was hitting the door, which her own hands started to bleed.

Her tears were mixing with the blood at her feet. I had looked at Mum for a second, to see if she was still crying, but then Bloom had tackled the door down and saw her father, lying dead on the floor.

Her screams grew louder and more painful.

Bloom had loved her father more than anything in the world. The two of them, moaned over our fathers body, and were trying to contain there moans, but they didn’t stop, and my best friend, Bay, barged through the front door.

The whole town had helped us get through this unstable time of horror. Mum and Bloom needed more help to overcome Dad, but they still, will never be the same again. Every night Mum and Bloom slept together.

Bay had helped me the most. Every time we went into the woods, every time I had a little flashback, his strong arms would be there to comfort me. The warmth came from these strong arms, wrapped around me and closed my head into his cheat.

Bay would then whisper to me that I would be ok and that it was over. This was the time I could shed a few tears and still be comforted by the one person I have known for 11 years.

No one can match Bay, the friendship bond that we share, is so strong, no one can take it away from us. We would always find a way to slide back into each-others life.

The worst of the times had left us alone, till the burial came. The whole town had came to our help, to say their last few words to our father. Bay was with me this whole time, ready to wrap his warm, strong arms around my body.

Mum didn’t want Bloom to see in case she went back to her own ways of crying the whole night long. But Bloom demanded that she would come, to put the most delicate, red rose on top of her father’s coffin, whilst Mum sprinkled white rose petals over the coffin as people dropped their cards in the grave.

Bloom had placed her card in Dad’s hand, in the coffin, so that it would last forever.  Once everyone was gone and had left the grave in peace, Bay and I had been the last two people at the grave.

I knelt down and placed a ring of roses on top of the pile of dirt, covering my father. Bay must have heard me moaning and stepped forward with his arms, wide open for me.

I ran straight into them as if he was the only person who cared about me. His arms encaged me and stroked my wavy, brown hair as the tears and moans started to come out.

He whispered to me as usual, but this time he said something along the lines of “Don’t worry, at least the hard times are gone……………… If you would like, we could go into the woods”. Bay, lead me into the woods.

These woods were my second home. They helped me be myself. Be free. But if Bay was here, it was my real home. Bay was holding me and kept me warm as we found a place to lean on a tree and overcome my moaning.

The warmth of the fire comforted me, but so did the arms that tightened around me when I started to cry or send a little moan out. The crickets came out, so did the rest of the creatures in the woods.

I turned to face Bay as his forest green eyes stared into the fire. The Fire’s light made the gold flecks in his eyes come out of his eyes.

I propped my body up so my head could lean on his muscular shoulders. But he pushed my head into his upper chest and enclosed me with his arms. Occasionally he would whip his long, silky, brown hair away from his face.

I hadn’t noticed this before, but his eyes were watery, and around his eyes were red. He had been letting some tears slip out of his eyes.

Once I had noticed, I wrapped my arms around him and tightened them, just as he does to me.

He turned his head to look at me and whispered to me, “any better Bell?” as he stroked my hair.

“Sort of”. I looked deep into his eyes.

“Come here” as he pushed me closer and wraps me in his arms.

All night, Bay was keeping me warm and whispered things to me.

Then Bay whispered to me “Imagine Bloom in the woods. But then again my brother isn’t any better.”

We had a bit of a laugh and I fell asleep with the warmth of the fire and the strong arms that protected me, wrapped around my body.

By the time morning had came, the forest air had woken me. The fire had looked like it hadn’t been out for too long and Bay was gone.

As I called for him I heard footsteps heading in the direction I was in. As I hid behind a tree, Bay jumped in front of me. He had startled me and had made me fall backwards, onto the dry leaves behind me. Bay had laughed so loud that even the birds flew away.

“Don’t do that ever again, you scared the life out of me!” I yelled at me, with a smirk on and maybe a bit of a giggle tone. Once I said that he fell to the ground beside me, laughing till he was sore.

While I was sleeping, Bay caught a wild rabbit. He had set a snare for it, well then the rabbit fell for the trap, because Bay had it in his hands.

Bay started to build the fire back up, but something stopped him. The leaves started to drop, faster than usual. What was making this happen?

Bay startled me as he wrapped his arms around me as he lifted me to my feet. He pushed me behind him as the leaves fell faster and a grunt started.

He held my hand as he was in front of me and wriggled my fingers around his hand. His muscles were tight and stiff. I could see all his muscles bludging out of his tight skin.

You could now hear thumps on the ground clearly. Bay tightened his grip on my hand, I could feel his un-steady heart-beat, his hand slipped out of mine till only our fingertips touched.

My heart was out-of-tune and kept on rising. My pulse was going faster than my heart-beat.

A black and brown furred animal was on top of Bay. Without thinking I got the knife out of my back pocket and tried to injure the animal enough to get off Bay.

Instead, it started to attack me. Bay forced himself on top of the animal and rolled it off me. I caught my breath and threw the knife at the animal.

It let out a dreadful yelp and ran off into the woods. My heart-beat got faster and faster.

Where was Bay?

I turned around, and there he was, covered in blood.