24: I Love You

Music: Superhero - Unknown Brain

(Y/N) = Your Name
(C/P) = Chosen Pattern/Random Pattern
(F/C) = Favourite Colour
(E/C) = Eye Colour

(Y/N) = Your Name(C/P) = Chosen Pattern/Random Pattern(F/C) = Favourite Colour(E/C) = Eye Colour

:Chapter Twenty-Four:

"J-Just stay back! Stay away from me!"

"(Y/N), we're not going to hurt you." Natasha told her, squatting down to the girl's height as she cowered in the corner.

"I can't believe you! I won't! I can't trust anyone!"

"You can trust us." Tony spoke softly, which surprised a few of the Avengers. Stark wasn't known for a soft, calming voice, more like an egoistic, sarcastic one.

"How do I know? How can I be sure? People said that to be before and they lied!" (Y/N) cried, scooting back further as the male stepped closer, "They lied and hurt me!"

"I promise we won't hurt you. You don't have to be afraid of us." Tony whispered, holding out his hand. (Y/N) stared at it uncertainly, eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"People are afraid of me." she mumbled, pressing her thumb into her palm, "I hurt people, I'm a bad person. I could hurt you."

"You won't hurt me. You won't hurt any of us."

"H-How can you be sure?"

"Because we want to help you." Thor spoke, "We know that you are afraid of your own power, and we want to help you to control that power."

"I'm un-helpable."

"Un-helpable? Is that a word?" Thor asked, looking towards Banner.

(Y/N) shrugged, "I was never taught to read or write - and I only learnt talking by listening to people."

"We can help you with that." Steve smiled, "We can teach you about us, about the world around you and we can teach you about yourself."

"Why are you acting so caring towards me? Don't you know what I'm capable of?"

"We want to understand you, and help you understand yourself." Natasha told her, "It doesn't matter what you're capable of because that doesn't change you, does it?"

"We help because that's what heroes do!" Thor grinned.

(Y/N) looked back at Tony, staring at his hand as it reached for her again. Stark saw the uncertainty in her eyes and smiled, "No one will hurt you." Slowly, she reached out and eventually clasped hold of his hand, tightening her grip the further she moved from the comfort of the corner, "I promise."

-----

A small groan resonated from the subconscious girl, her head tilting against the pillow. She could hear faint footsteps as they echoed around her mind, along with a distant beeping sound.