16: Comfort

Music: Flares - The Script

(Y/N) = Your Name
(L/N) = Last Name

(Y/N) = Your Name(L/N) = Last Name

:Chapter Sixteen:

Loki sighed, sitting down at the kitchen island with a bored expression on his face. He missed (Y/N)'s company. He'd grown rather fond of the mortal recently and he didn't know why. JARVIS had told him as soon as he woke up that she had gone out for the day with that Spider-boy, and he felt a strange surge of feeling washing over him, yet he couldn't describe what it was.

A loud voice broke the silence and he rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Hello, dearest brother!" Thor boomed, smiling, "Where's Lady (Y/N)?"

"Out." he simply muttered in reply.

"And you've not yet tried to leave again?" Thor asked, crossing his arms.

"No, because thanks to you, Odin stripped my power from me." Loki hissed, glaring at the blond God standing before him.

Thor sighed, "Loki, it was merely a precaution. Our father-"

"Your father." the God of Mischief corrected him.

"Odin wants you to learn, as do I and as does our mother."

Loki looked up at him, "Learn what?" he spat.

"Learn that you are not above Midgardians!" Thor snapped, trying his best not to lose his patience with his brother, "Loki, mortals are kind creatures if you watch them. They aren't made to be ruled - their place is different to ours."

Loki chuckled, "You call them kind? The are monsters compared to me." he looked down, "You heard what they did to (Y/N)."

"Yes, I agree, some are heartless, but that does not mean you rule them. The throne would suit you ill if you believe that."

"I deserve a throne!" Loki shouted back, "After every lie I've been told, don't you think I deserve something?!"

Thor chuckled, "Do you truly not realise that you have been given something? Mother and father cared for you with all their heart. You have-"

"Mother is the only one that I believe cared about me." Loki interrupted the God of Thunder, turning to face him, "Odin would've rather not looked at me. You where always out galivanting with your friends who didn't even spare me a second glance. I was left to my own accords in the castle. I stayed away from everyone, watching you, the golden child, Odin's pride and joy, from afar, wishing that someday it would be like when we were children." Loki chuckled grimly, turning away, "That day will never come."

"Brother, that day can come again." Thor stepped closer, "But you refuse to change. You can be better than this, Loki."

The raven-haired God looked at Thor with a small smile and shook his head, "I don't know how," Thor didn't respond and after a few minutes of silence, Loki spoke again, clenching his fists, "If you've nothing more to say, then leave."