Nightmare

Frustrated and upset after his unsuccessful charms lesson, and considerably angry with Hermione for showing him up once again, Ron got up as soon as the bell rang and walked with Harry, Seamus, and another group of first year Gryffindors on their way back to the common room. 

As they entered the courtyard and Seamus finished apologizing to Harry for blowing up his feather, Ron decided to voice his opinion about the lesson, or more so his neighbor during the lesson. "She's a nightmare, honestly!" he exclaimed. "It's no wonder she hasn't got any friends." As Ron finished his heated complaint, a familiar bushy haired girl came speeding in front of them and shoved into Ron's shoulder as she ran past. He couldn't be sure, but he thought he had heard a sniffle from the girl as she stepped ahead of them. He knew it had been Hermione, and that he had upset her. It was funny how instantly an eleven year old could regret their words. 

"I think she heard you," Harry muttered to Ron who was brushing the sleeve of his robe back down. "No wonder!" Ron barked back and crossed his arms as they continued walking. But he wasn't mad at Harry, for some reason he was upset with himself for hurting Hermione. He didn't know why, but he felt he had done something horrid, and he knew he wouldn't forgive himself for it soon. As they reached the common room, Ron looked desperately for any signs of a bushy haired girl that he thought would be spending her afternoon reading or working on homework, so that he could apologize for his cruel words and beg for her forgiveness. But the only person he wanted to talk to was nowhere in sight, and he slumped down on one of the sofas in hopes that she'd show herself before dinner. 

She didn't. 

----- 

Ron and Harry made their way to the great hall for that evenings Halloween feast. It was the dinner that Ron had been looking forward too since Fred and George told him about it when he got his letter. But, much to his dismay, he wasn't feeling at all happy when he reached his usual seat at the Gryffindor table. He looked around the hall to see if maybe she had sat with someone from another house, but she wasn't in the hall. Ron needed to know where she was. "Has anyone seen Hermione?" he directed a question to Neville, who was shoving candy in his face. As he finished his mouthful he replied, "Lavender said she's been in the bathroom all afternoon, crying!"

Harry quickly looked at Ron with a scowl, in the short time they'd known her, Hermione had already become a sort of sister to him and he was angry that Ron had hurt her. Half trying to seem innocent and half trying to avoid Harry's wrath, Ron put his hands up and shrugged his shoulders. Harry rolled his eyes and turned his attention back towards his plate. Ron put a few things on his own dish, but no food ever touched his mouth. He was worried sick. 

-----

Half way through dinner, a stuttering and panicked looking Quirrell came into the great hall, limping at whatever speed he could. Immediately, he looked at Dumbledore. "Troll! Troll! In the dungeon!"  he half-screamed. Then, in a seemingly faint voice he squeaked, "thought you ought to know," and passed out on the floor of the great hall. 

The four tables erupted into panicked shouts and crying children. It took Dumbledore four minutes to get their attention, and they only settled when he screamed at them with an amplifying charm on his wand. "Settle down everyone," the old many bellowed in a calm voice. "Will the prefects and heads of houses lead everyone to their dorms. The head masters and I will go to the dungeons and around the castle for the trolls. Go. NOW." he said when the head of houses looked at him with confused faces. Then, following Percy Weasley's lead, the Gryffindors rose from their tables and walked in several lines to Gryffindor tower. But before they reached the stairs, Ron turned to Harry, a pained and panicked expression on his face.

"Hermione! She doesn't know!" he yelled at his best friend, and Harry nodded and grabbed his arm, leading the way to the girls bathroom so they could rescue her. 

Hey everyone! This chapter is a little shorter than the others (I think), or isn't as exciting anyways, but it's a space between the first events of first year and the climax, so it isn't supposed to be all that interesting, but still important

Hey everyone! This chapter is a little shorter than the others (I think), or isn't as exciting anyways, but it's a space between the first events of first year and the climax, so it isn't supposed to be all that interesting, but still important. Anyways, like I said last time, I entered this book into the Watty's so please help promote it!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you have any requests, comments, questions, or concerns please leave them here!!

Until next time,

Quietwritere