Dumbledore, Flammel!

(Hermione's POV)

Harry, Ron, and I, had been searching for information on a Flamel for weeks. We'd searched through every book in every section of the library, scanning through every textbook, Harry'd even tried the restricted section! But we'd come across nothing. It's as if someone knew who we were searching for and had rid Hogwarts of any evidence that he had existed. Though, we had our suspicions on who that someone would be... Professor Snape had been especially giddy and guilty looking lately, and we knew he'd overheard one of our conversations of finding out about what was hidden under the trap door in the third floor. 

Nevertheless, we had persisted in finding information on him, and one day after some particularly long lessons, we were more fed up than ever with trying to find things on Flamel. Harry and I were resting our heads on one of the tables in the Gryffindor common room, and Ron had just come back from his dormitory with a brand new chocolate frog that his mum had sent him earlier in the week. He plopped down on one of the red arm chairs next to the table and peeled open the box of the frog. After the frog nearly escaped, he caught it and put the whole thing in his mouth. What A Pig.

Once he finished the frog and licked the chocolate off of his bony fingers, he pulled out the card from the box. "Ah, Dumbledore again," the ginger boy said with a sigh. His face had a genuinely disappointed look on it. He looked up at me. "Say Hermione, me and Harry both have him already and I know you don't have any cards yet. Why don't you start your collection with one of the greatest?" he asked, holding the card up for me. "It would be Harry and I," I corrected him, "and sure thanks," I finished, taking the card in my hands. As I do with anything that is new to me and has words on it, I read it aloud. "Considered by many to be the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of Dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel," 

I stopped reading as I read the name. Harry's head bolted up and Ron grinned ear to ear. Alchemy... Alchemy... we knew something! Then, I remembered reading the name Nicolas in one of my books, and I knew which one it was. I jumped to my feet and ran to my dormitory, grabbing the book as soon as I reached my bed and running back down to the common room. The book was rather large, with a brown leather cover and old wilted pages. I set the book down on the table with a thud. "How could I be so stupid?" I questioned the boys who were both looking at me as if I had lost it. "I checked this book out weeks ago for a bit of light reading!"

Ron gulped before opening his mouth. "This... is light?" he stammered, his ears turning red at the top. I scowled at him before pushing my bushy hair behind my ears and opening the book. I scanned the index of the book until I found Flamel's name and then turned to that page. Once again, I read to the boys. "Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's stone!" I said, excitement clear in my voice as I finished the sentence. The boys looked at me with a blank expression. "The - what?" they asked in unison, honestly how are they going to pass their O.W.L.S? "Honestly don't you two read?" I ask, clearing my throat to speak again. "The Philosopher's stone can prolong the users life. Now, since we know that the stone is being heavily guarded by all of the professors, and Fluffy, we know that Snape must be able to get past all the other professors guards. But, since he isn't good at the Defense Against the Dark Arts, which is why he didn't get that job, he's threatening Quirrell to tell him how to get past his so he can get to the stone. Snape wants to use the stone!" I exclaim, and grin, slightly proud of my logical reasoning. "Hermione," Ron said, the tips of his ears red once again, "you're brilliant!"

Hi readers, so this isn't my favorite chapter at the moment, and I'll most likely rewrite parts of it eventually

Hi readers, so this isn't my favorite chapter at the moment, and I'll most likely rewrite parts of it eventually. I know Snape wasn't bad at DADA by any means, and I apologize that it's not completely canon, but I liked the way it made the story go. If you have any questions or suggestions for me, let me know. 

Until next time

Quietwritere