And you are?

(Ron's POV)

In the middle of Harry and I's candy fest, a bushy haired girl with buck teeth showed up at our compartment door with a boy who looked rather distraught. 

"Have either of you seen a toad around here?" the girl asked, "Neville's lost his."

We shake our heads no and the girl replies, "shame." and disappears from our view. A few minutes later she returns by herself. "Neville's gone ballistic and I can't deal with him, may I sit with you for a while?" she asks Harry, not even glancing at me. Harry says sure and she takes a seat on the bench across from us. "Oh my," the brown-haired girl gasps before finishing her sentence. "You're Harry Potter!"

Harry nods his head and bashfully replies "guilty," and looks down at his hands. Before I can say anything she pipes up again, "I'm Hermione Granger," she turns her head to look at me and squints my way, "and you are?" 

"Ron Weasely," I say as I swallow a mouthful of Bertie Bott's every flavour beans. "Pleasure," she says with a little scowl, what's her problem, and gets up. "I'm going to go check on Neville. I'll be back," she says. 

"What's her deal?" I ask Harry and he just shrugs. "Hey do you know any magic?" he asks me. "Fred taught me this one spell to change Scabbers here yellow," I say and point at my pet rat that is now scavenging in a box of candy. "Wanna see?" I ask and Harry nods. I pick my wand up and am about to recite the spell when Hermione returns to the compartment door. "Oh are you doing magic?" she asks, "let's see it then." I gulp and point my wand at Scabbers, trying not to roll my eyes at Hermione. 

            "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!"

I recite the spell just as Fred taught me and a few sparks fly out of the tip of my hand-me-down wand. "I guess it didn't work," I say as I look as Scabbers who is still his normal shade of dirt brown. "Is that even a real spell?" Granger asks me in an annoyed tone, I feel a bit defensive for some reason as I reply "yes it is!"

"Well, it isn't a very good one now is it?" she says as she takes her seat across from Harry once again, what a prat I tell you. "I've only tried a few spells, but all of them have worked for me," she tells us with pride lacing her voice. "For example," she says and pulls her wand out of her robes, pointing it at the tape on Harry's glasses. 

         "Oculus repairo," 

she recites the spell and the tape comes spinning off of his glasses, a shiny new metal looking bridge now sits on his nose. Harry takes his now perfect glasses off and examines them. "Wow, thanks," he tells her as he looks back at her in amazement. I see her face form a slight smile. "Don't mention it," she replies and with that stands up and walks back out of the compartment. She turns to walk away before spinning back round and leaning against the frame of the compartment door. 

She squints her eyes towards my face and leans in. "You've got a spot of dirt there," she points to her own nose, "on your nose." She says and turns around to leave again. I scrub at my nose to remove the dirt, but only make it red in the process and I can feel the dirt spread. I'll have to get it later. 

Before the girl finally walks away she spins around yet again and says to the both of us: "You two better get changed into your robes by the way, I imagine we'll be arriving soon," before spinning around on her heels and walking away.

"She is right," I tell Harry and I reach under my seat to grab my robes which are folded up. "I'm going to go change."

"Oh, right!" Harry mutters as he reaches above his head and grabs his robes. "Show me where the change rooms are?" he asks and I lead the way. 

Hello! It's the author, do you like my authors note header? I made it Gryffindor colors to match the picture

Anyways, this is my favorite Romione scene of all time so I had a lot of fun rewriting it in my own way. I hope you like it too! 

What do you think of the story so far? Do you have any suggestions?

Until next time, 

Quietwritere