All Aboard

Ron's POV:

Harry Potter, I'm standing next to THE Harry Potter. 

"Ron, would you please show him how to get to the platform dear?" I hear my mom ask. "oh, OH, yeah mom," I say before running into the wall between platforms 9 and 10 and magically being thrown onto the famous platform, 9 and 3/4. 

As soon as I am on the platform I push my trunk over to the train and get distracted by Fred and George who are trying to prank Percy by sneaking a gag into his prefect compartment. I don't notice Harry slip by and into the train. 

Once I hear the whistle blow again on the train, I board and start looking for a place to sit. I finally reach the last compartment and notice that Harry has taken a seat. "May I?" I question before sliding down into the seat next to him. "Oh - er - sure, why not," Harry says with a goofy grin as he finishes his sentence. We sit in silence for a few moments before I get the nerve to ask a question. 

"What's it like being the most well-known first year?" I ask him and he looks confused. "Oh, well I am not really adjusting to this whole fame thing or whatever, I actually didn't even know about it until about a week ago..." he says and looks down at his hands. I nod in understanding and tell him that it's okay. I'm not sure why he doesn't know who he is but I sure feel bad for him. I'd hate to be in his place, not knowing a thing about my own story. Suddenly his head bolts up and he starts pounding me with questions, "What's it like growing up with wizard parents?," "Is everyone in your family a wizard?," "Can you do any tricks?," he goes on for about an hour and I answer each question, as the youngest boy in my family I never get much attention and I am delighted to see someone who cares so much about what I have to say. 

After a while, a lady comes by with the snack cart. She asks if we'd like to purchase anything and I gulp as I take out the sandwich that I've been keeping in my pocket. I hold up the bad holding the two moldy slices of bread with something green in between them. "I'm all set actually," I say, mouth trembling with every word. Harry quickly looks at me and then to the cart. The lady turns to him, "and you dear?" without hesitation Harry says "we'll take the lot," and hands the lady ten galleons. GALLEONS! That's quite a lot of money for some candy. I don't complain though as Harry takes the candy off the cart and places it on the seat next to him. "Come sit over here, we can share!" he tells me and I quickly move over. We dig in to the "lunch" that my mother would definitely not approve of.