XXXVIII. NO SHIT SHERLOCK

( STRAY KIDS! )
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.
❝ no shit sherlock ❞

HE CALLS HER at 2 AM like a weirdo.

"you better be in the ER or something," she muttered groggily.

    "hey so, i was thinking, do you want to grab pancakes tomorrow?"

"what i want is to get some sleep before my alarm goes off at 7. is that too much to ask?"

"hah, yeah, sorry, it's kind of late."

he can practically hear her rolling her eyes. "no shit, sherlock. what is it?"

"nothing. i, uh, just wanted to check that we're good for pancakes tomorrow."

"you could've asked me at school. . ." she murmurs, phone cradled in her shoulder.

"sure, but tomorrow's wednesday which means we don't have any classes together so i'd have to find you during the break, and maybe you'd be busy talking to flash or something. . ." oh god, someone shut him up.

"what? you're making zero sense."

peter shuts his eyes in frustration. "i, um, i caught this guy trying to rob an ATM tonight."

eli sounds mildly interested. "good job, spider–boy."

"hey, not cool. we agreed you wouldn't mock the coat of arms."

"spider–baby? spider–boo?" she chortles sleepily.

"well, FYI, there was another guy after that. a– a biker," he invents on the spot. "he had a bowie knife. and he seemed to know krav maga. he was a tough one to subdue."

"i'm gonna be tough to subdue unless you let me sleep, spider–biden."

". . .you mean like joe biden?"

but she's already hung up.

____