IV. SPIDEY SENSES

( STRAY KIDS! )
CHAPTER FOUR.
spidey senses ❜

❛ spidey senses ❜

DO YOU NEED A RIDE, PARKER?

it's pouring so hard he can barely see the face underneath the hoodie. he recognised the scooter, though. the paint is slightly chipped in places, but the red is loud and brazen.

peter shakes his head, ducking under the terrace of a coffee shop. unfortunately for him, he'd ran out of web fluid, and doesn't quite like the idea of using his suit during bad weather.

"c'mon parker, just hop on. it's not like you weigh much."

    "hey, i resent that," he mutters, because he's quite proud of the muscle mass he's amassed in the past months.

    eli rolls her eyes. "whatever, parker."

    she looks like a wet dog with a few stranded curls plastered to her cheek.

    peter isn't sure he should accept, but the cold has seeped through his cardigan, so he jumps on behind her. there isn't much room for both of them, actually, so she's kind of sitting in his lap as she navigates the busy streets. he coughs awkwardly as he wraps his arms around her waist. this is the most he's ever touched a girl.

"you sure grip hard," she tells him during a red light.

"sorry, uh, force of habit."

he tries to weaken his hold, but it's probably no good. his spider-strength is not always controllable. if he's crushing her, he has no idea.

"you know, you should really wear a helmet," he says by way of conversation.

"what for?"

"uh, safety?"

eli scoffs loud enough for him to hear. he doesn't like that he's her object of amusement, so he changes tack.

"how come you always know where i am?"

it's a legitimate question. it was odd running into her twice in a row outside of school.

"i guess i have spidey senses."

peter grips her so hard that she almost wheels into a fruit-cart.

"what the hell! you want to get us killed?"

they pull to a rough halt. peter hops out, feeling tendrils of adrenaline shoot out through his whole body. "uhh, thanks for the ride."

"we're not there yet, parker," she calls after him, but he's already made a run for it.

classic peter.

____