VIII. MILLENNIUM FALCON

( STRAY KIDS! )
CHAPTER EIGHT.
millennium falcon ❜

NED IS VISITING his grandparents in hawaii for christmas and tony's in europe; he sent peter a brief but not unfriendly text message with an attached photo of the acropolis.

     now that aunt may has finally started seeing a nice man from the neighborhood –a boring accountant, peter checked –she's out the door most afternoons. though he's glad she's happy for a change, it leaves him with almost zero people and nothing to do.

    crimes aren't that hard–going in the holiday season. just the occasional petty theft and a cat stuck in a tree. more often than not, people need their driveways shoveled. but the friendly spider–man has his limits too.

    the last decathlon meeting of the year was cancelled too because most of the team were out of state, so peter shuffles to his locker to gather his stuff and prepare for a pretty uneventful season, when a bunch of legos fall on him as he opens the door.

   surprise! build it for me till i come back? 
       —N.

   peter grins. ned left him all the pieces to the millennium falcon. it was to be their next masterpiece.

    "nice toy, parker," eli comments as she walks past. they're on friendlier terms ever since the afternoon spent at her house but they still don't know exactly where they stand. he's pretty confident she won't snitch on him, but she's the only other person in this place who knows who he really is and. . . well, with ned gone. . .

    "hey, wait up. d'you want to build a starship with me?"

____