[Chapter Twenty-Eight] Liam

Start from the beginning

"You're a great girlfriend and I'm sorry It took me so long to move past last summer. Why were you afraid to for me to know?" I asked

"Because I'm stupid and a slut and I"

"Don't you dare." I warned and made her look at me "Just don't, I love you all the same Addison."

"But you're so adamant on waiting until you're married and I can't do that." She didn't get that it didn't bother me; well it did, but again just because she had to go through it.

"You can wait with me Addison, just because they took that from you doesn't mean that you can't. All I care about is that we don't unless we get married." I stressed that to her but she seemed so stuck on it.

"I slept with Alex, I didn't stop it." she whispered

"You made the right choice." if she didn't do that god knows what he would have done to her.

"You honestly think that?" she asked surprised

"Yes I do. You're stronger than you think and when you're not feeling strong I'm here to be strong for you." I tucked her against me again and she gripped tight to me as she slid down to put her head on my stomach and she laid between my legs and it was surprisingly comfortable.

"How did I get so lucky?" she asked me

"I was an ass to you all winter."

"I deserved it."

"No you didn't. I made stupid mistakes and Asher was right to call me out. You're going to get through this trial and no matter the outcome you're going to be better off after it but you'll need therapy, are you ready for that?" I asked her and she sighed

"Not really but I'm not ready for this either."

"I know you need me to sleep but eventually you're going to have to learn to sleep on your own, I think therapy will help."

"I know; it's going to be a lot to get used to. Everyone at school knows and I have to go back there."

"I think that you should turn your phone on and talk to your friends." I ran my hands through her hair and this was simple and peaceful; I loved the moments like this.

"What if they hate me or look at me different."

"Honestly they're going to look at you differently because of it, it's a lot to go through and not everyone is going to know what to say, they'll be awkward and uncomfortable but either it will get better or you'll part ways." Some people won't be able to handle it and she should be prepared for that.

"I can't do this." she started tearing up again

"Yes you can. I believe in you, we all believe in you." I rocked her as she sobbed some more and I started singing to her to try to calm her down and eventually she started calming down and her sobs just turned to light hiccups as she calmed down.

"I just want to eat and curl up with you." she nuzzled my neck and I smiled down at her.

"I'll go see what I can do." I kissed her forehead and headed to the kitchen

"How is she holding up?" Kalila asked and I sighed

"I don't know. She's hard to read and she hates having to see him." She was finishing up making dinner so I waited patiently.

"Do you think she's going to be alright?" Auntie asked

"I hope so but she needs to see someone after the trial I just don't know if she'll be ready for it or not and we can't force her but she needs to." I remember last time we tried to make her eat and I didn't want it to be like that. Lalan dished up some food and handed me two plates without even needing to ask.