Chapter Seven

Raven awoke suddenly when she heard the yelling coming from the common room. She stretched as she got up from her position on her bed, her laptop still open from her research. She wasn't surprised the two hot-headed guys woke her up. She expected the commotion. It was a common occurrence in the tower for those two to get in an argument. While Cyborg was the man who usually kept his cool, Beast Boy and Robin had a hard time controlling their temper.

In the middle of her thoughts she heard the sound of an angry changeling storming down the hallway past her room. She walked over to her door and opened it, peaking her head outside before fully stepping out into the hallway. She quickly ran after Beast Boy when she saw him slam his door. She stopped and considered her options.
1) she could pound on his door and demand he open it, possibly making him more mad.
2) she could go back to her room and wait for him to cool down, although that might run the risk of him drinking.
3) And finally she could just ignore him completely and go back to her research waiting for him to approach her.
While the thought of him being mad at her did not sit well with her she decided on number one, seeing as the last thing she wanted was for him to drink again and she cared too deeply for him to ignore him.

She took a deep breath and stepped up to his door, but before she had a chance to knock she was shoved aside by a blur of colors. He began pounding on the door, demanding the changeling to open up.

"BEAST BOY! OPEN THIS DOOR! We can talk about this!" Robin stopped pounding on it banged his head against the door.

"What the hell is going on?" Raven was fuming at the Boy Wonder, angry about him shoving her aside and angry that she didn't know what was going on.

"Well we were talking and things escalated and-"

"WHAT'S ALL THE NOISE?!" Cyborg came thundering down the hall, Starfire close on his heels.

"Yes, please do tell us what is going on." Starfire was wringing her hands in anticipation.

"Beast Boy and I were talking and things escalated and he said he was...quitting!" After Robin said this he continued his pounding of the door.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S QUITTING? HE CAN'T JUST QUIT! HE-HE.....wouldn't." Cyborg said the last part of his statement quietly, disbelief clouding his eyes.

"PLEASE FRIEND BEAST BOY! OPEN THE DOOR!" Starfire cried out while joining Robin.

"POUNDING ON THE DOOR OBVIOUSLY ISN'T WORKING! I'LL HAVE TO GET THE CODE!" Cyborg then began typing on his arm, searching the files for Beast Boy's password.

Ravens head was spinning as she processed everything that just happened.

'He wouldn't just quit......he's not like that.' Raven shook her head and silently cursed herself.

'Maybe if I never made a big deal about all of this and kept the drinking between us then all of this would of never happened.'

She was shook out of her thoughts when she heard the door swoosh open. Cyborg had typed in the override code.

The four teens scrambled through the doorway all at once, knocking into each other. It was in vain however, because the Changelings window was open, and the shifter was gone.

"DAMN IT!" Robin pounded his fist on the sill.

"He's probably just mad. I know B......he just needs some time to cool down." Cyborg face was hopeful as he stared out the window.

Starfire was fretfully flying around the room.

"But our friend needs help! He's out there all by himself! What if the villains find him?" She cried.

"He's a big boy he can take care of himself Star. He will come back after he realizes there's nothing else for him out there. He needs us." Robin said with finality as he started towards the door.

"Is that all you think of him?" Raven said this coldly as she stars daggers at the Boy Wonder.

The three titans seemed to just remember that she was standing there.

"He needs us? How about we need him? He's not some poor outcast that needs out protection. He's got other options and with the way you treat him I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner."

Robin stared at Raven is disbelief.

"I've been nothing but kind to him, I would never-"

The stony empath interrupted him.

"Your right you've been kind to him, but you treat him as if he's inferior to you. Your not a bad person Robin but you need to re-evaluate the treatment of your FRIEND. He doesn't need to be here , but he wants to be here because we are his family. Stop acting like you do him a favor by allowing him to stay with us and start treating him like you want him here because he's a valuable asset to the team and a valuable friend."

"It's because of you that he has ran. You made him feel inferior one last time. Now it's time to fix this." She stared at the whole team as she said this.

Raven climbed up onto the windowsill and looked behind her.

"Are you guys coming?"

A/N: better late than never :) I made some changes to previous chapters if you want to check it out. Just some details here and there and I fixed some grammatical issues.