Ch 2 - Love Through Destruction

Coles POV

"Okay then. I guess you don't want me then," I say with a silly face.

Lili then grabs my waist and pulls me on top of her. She starts to kiss me violently.

"I want you!" She whispers into my ear, sending shivers up my spine.

I look at her in the eyes then back down to her lips and smile.

"That's what I thought," I say as we both laugh.

"Lili-" I am interrupted by the loud noise of a fire alarm.

"What is that?? What the hell?" Lili says. I am just as confused as she is.

"Just hurry and put one of my shirts on, I think it's a fire alarm. I'm going to go see." I say frantically.

I walk out of my room into the kitchen and open my door. People are flooding out of their rooms and are beginning to go down the stairs. It smells like poignant smoke. Usually this smell would not bother me because I smoke on a daily basis, but this smell smells like danger.

"Lili!! Come out! There's a fire!" I yell as she ran from my room all the way to me.

"Oh my gosh! Let's go," she says with a very concerned look on her face.

We start to go down the stairs with various other people. I did not really know many of the people that are living in my apartment complex.

I then realize it's going to be really cold outside because it is raining and Lili is only wearing one of my shirts. But luckily I grabbed my car keys.

"Lili, we can just go to my car. It's too cold for you to be standing outside like that," I say. I also did not want anyone to be looking at her the way that only I should look at her.

As we were walking down the stairs she grabs my hand. I could sense that she is pretty frightened. As we left the building we see the fire trucks. The fire fighters are running into the building. As we got further from the building we could see where the fire is. It is around 4 stories up from my apartment. Hopefully it does not spread to mine.

I unlock my car and open the passenger door for Lili. I then went around the car and got into the driver seat. I look at her and put my hand on her cheek.

"It will be okay babe. Don't worry about it," I say. I am trying to calm her down.

My phone then starts buzzing uncontrollably. I look at her then look down at my phone. It was from KJ:

"Hey babe, we are gonna head over to KJ's

"Hey babe, we are gonna head over to KJ's. He invited us to say until we can find a place," I tell her with a half smile. She seems okay with it.

"Sounds good," she replies. She was pretty expressionless. I think it's just because she is still kind of freaking out about the whole situation.

I put my hand on her lower thigh. As we start to head to KJ's she seems to become less tense. She then looks over to me.

"Is it okay if I sleep with you tonight?" She questions. I look over to her for a second and then back to the road.

"Yeah of course! Is everything okay?" I question back.

"Yes, I just want to sleep in your arms if that's alright." She says with a stressful smile.

"Of course baby! I will hold you every night, if that's why you want," I say while smiling back at her in hopes that it would cheer her up a bit.

Her smile seems to become more relieved. I just want to make her happy and protect her forever. Even though In my head it sounds so cheesy, all I need is for her to be happy.

We finally got to KJ's. We then walk up to the door and I ring the door bell. I look over at Lili's beautiful sun kissed face.

"We can go out tomorrow and I will buy you some clothes, baby." I say. She starts to blush a bit.

"You don't-" She is interrupted by KJ opening the door. Luckily he interrupted her because I was not going to give her a choice. She needs to be more covered.

"Ello guys!!" He says. He is exaggerating his accent.

"Hi," Lili and I say almost simultaneously. It makes me smirk a bit.

"Well come on in! I have a guest bedroom at the end of the hallway. There is a couch out here in the living room too,"KJ says. 

"It's okay we'll just both take the bed," I say with a silly grin.

"Ooohhhh. I see. My rooms at the other side of the house. So you can make as much noise as you'd like," he giggles.

I thought it was funny but Lili did not seem to enthused because she stormed off to the room.

"Sorry kJ she's still a bit upset," I say while trying to make amends.

"No no. Don't worry about it bud I totally understand. I'm going to head off to bed. See you in the morning." He walks off to his room on the other side of the kitchen. 

His house was decently big but smelled like cigarettes. I did not mind it too much but I feel like Lili does. I walk down the hallway into the guest bedroom and Lili had locked the bathroom door and I could hear her crying.

"Lili.." I say while knocking on the door "are you alright in there? What's going on?" I say with a very concerned voice. She did not  answer.

"Lili please, let me in. Everything's okay!" I say while trying not to get upset because I have to stay strong for her.

"Everything's not okay. I only cause trouble. Wherever I go. I'm useless," she says while sobbing.

"Lili that's not true. You're everything to me. If you don't think everything's okay, please let me make it better. The fire was not your fault. Neither you or I could have prevented it from happening. Please open the door," I say almost tearing up. She still does not answer.

"Li-Lili I..I love you." I say while hoping that she would not reject me. But slowing she opens the door and lets me in.

She collapses onto my chest as I put my arms around her.

"I'm right here. It's okay," I say as she looks up to me.

"I love you too," she says with a small stutter.

Her cheeks are full of tears. I take my thumb and wipe away as many as I can and smile at her. She leans up, kisses me and smiles back into the kiss.

She's gorgeous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-To be continued.

I'm probably going to try to post a new chapter almost everyday. Sometimes I might skip a day or two, but I really like writing this so I am going to keep writing a lot!! Please tell your friends about this story, vote and most of all leave feedback!! :) Thanks!