two

Chapter Two:

     An hour later when I was situated in a small, simple room, I was still trying to process the nights events. First, I find out that I'm being sent off to marry some unknown man, then find out he's the leader and alpha of the pack?

     My brain hurt almost too much to think about it and all I wanted to do was throw on athletic clothes and go for a run in my human form. It was a huge stress reliever. I would go out and run if it not for the lock they had put on my door, trapping me in. I pulled and pulled on the door, aching to be set free but I was denied that ability.

     I took time to look at the books tucked on a small shelf that had collected dust, as if this room had never been touched. I always had a soft spot for books. The smell of old books which have some a headache spread a sense of relief through me and the worn out pages of a well read book brought familiarity. I let my finger run along the mere twenty forgotten about books ranging from werewolf history, to romance, to classic books. When I pulled my finger away, dust rested on it.

     The first book that really caught my eyes was a small, leather bound book which didn't have a title scrawled on the spine. I slid it free of it's nearly permanent placement on the dusty shelf. I gasped as the cursive words on the front surprised me.

     Diary of Quintessa Davius.

     I immediately twitched my hands to put it back. It was a diary, a private journal that was obviously long since forgotten about. However my heart aches to read it. It was private but curiosity surged through my body and the pull to open it up was far stronger than the will to put it back. Whoever it was obviously didn't care for it anymore, what was the harm?

     I sat down on the full sized bed pushed in the corner of the small room, taking up most of the space in the room. I continued to stare at the cover of the diary for a while, letting my mind wander about what might be in there. I decided to see if I had a change of clothes in the closet, planning to fall asleep after maybe one entry in the journal, as it was still very early in the morning.

     I opened up the small wardrobe and peeked inside, seeing an array of clothes inside, all smelling faintly of rose. I didn't know if I was allowed to wear these clothes, but there was no way I could fall asleep in my red evening gown. I pulled out a set of night clothes, both silk. They were a cream color, a pair of shorts and a thin strapped tank.

     I slipped them on, feeling smooth and soft, as I'd never worn silk clothes. I was great full for the half bath that was connected to the room, although there wasn't a shower, there was still a toilet and a sink. I took a peek in the cabinets and found an array of face care products, hair care items, and toiletries.

     I found an unopened toothbrush and used that with a half used bottle of toothpaste, which nearly burned my mouth with how minty it was. I threw my wavy brown hair into a bun, the humidity of the outside had made it frizzy. I washed off the makeup I had on from the party, using a foamy cleanser to wash my face.

     I walked out of the cramped bathroom and slid under the covers of the unmistakably squeaky bed. Every move I make elicited a squeal from the old springs in the mattress, however it was much more comfortable than my twin bed back home. Although I knew I wouldn't get a good sleep in this bed for a long time.

     I turned the lights off and flicked on the lamp on the bedside table, the only other furnishing in the room besides the bookcase and bed. I picked up the leather bound diary and took a deep breath, a small part in my brain telling me that this was wrong and an invasion of privacy. I never really listened when I was curious.