The picture she took [11]

Sometimes I wondered if maybe in my past life I was a monster, a home wrecker, a whore or a killer even. Cause God’s “divine” plan sure went the wrong way when it came to my life. Either that or he had the weirdest sense of humor cause I sure as hell wasn’t laughing. Being a rather clumsy person, I was quite used to the idea of falling down, breaking things, hitting myself and similar stuff happening but this was on a whole new level and scale.

It was the end of school and I wasn’t sure if that jerkface Brayden was waiting for me in front of the school or not. However, since he looked like the kind of guy who could kill me in 20 different ways I wasn’t going to risk by keeping him waiting or worse by not showing up. My locker just so happened to be on the other side of the school so I had run almost a marathon to leave my books in my locker and then sprint to the front gates of the school. When I got there, Brayden was sure enough waiting for me in all his bad boy (and totally not the kind of bad boy that makes dragons fly in your stomach but the kind of bad boy that makes you wanna crawl under a blanket and call your mommy) glory, seemingly annoyed at me for being 15 minutes late. I could understand why he would be mad; he looked like the type that makes a girl wait for him not the other way around and judging by how girls almost threw themselves at him, he probably never had to wait on a girl before.

I came to an almost screeching halt, catching myself in time not to bump into his car and leaned on the door. Panting, I raised my eyes to his level and instantly regretted it, as I almost got burned to ashes from the intensity of his glare. Too afraid that maybe even so much as a single muscle twitching would send him ablaze, I stood frozen in my spot and didn’t even dare move.

“Do you by any chance” He started of with a calm and steady voice. “Have a fucking watch you could use to maybe no be half an hour late?” Oops, I thought it was 15 minutes.

“Well I distinctly remember telling you that I have school till 4 and besides my locker is on the other end of the school.” I felt the bubble of confidence that seemed to surround me, burst with his intense glare that felt like raw fire spreading across my skin. Stupid bubble-bursting-jerkfaced mobster.

“Just get in the fucking car already.” He hissed at me and entered the car, slamming the door in the process. Shyly, I poked my head through the open window of the passenger door.

“Uhm…where are we going? And you know I have a car, you can just drive and I can follow you with my baby.” I smirked though I was not smirking for very long as he snarled at me so much that his whole face contorted.

“Get in the fucking car cause if I tell you to get in again you’ll be driving in the trunk…in pieces.” His words were laced with so much anger that my knees nearly buckled beneath me from fright. I hurried to enter the car cause by now I was literally shitting a brick, that’s how scary Brayden was. I nestled in the car seat and fiddled with the straps of my backpack not daring to look up while he was obviously trying to calm himself and probably refrain from killing me. Brayden was an awfully angry individual, I concluded.

I heard him sigh in frustration before he put the car into gear and pulled out of the parking lot in front of the school. The whole ride was silent as I didn’t dare utter a word and Brayden wasn’t really in the mood to strike a conversation. He kept glancing at me though…throughout the whole ride and it weren’t simple glances, they more looked like suspicious glances, like how I would look at somebody who had chocolate over their face and still claim they didn’t steal my chocolate. Weird out by the whole ‘suspicious’ situation I decided to keep myself occupied with something else rather than my backpack straps so I took out my phone and texted Andrew to ask how Skylar was doing. However instead of getting a text like I hoped I would, I received a call…from Andrew and I couldn’t hang up cause they might think something was really wrong for sure this time and plus Skylar would definitely lose it. So I picked up the phone after throwing Brayden a careful glance.