Prologue

There is a place where no living creature has physically entered. It could not be reached by walking nor rode by a horse. There was not any evidence that it actually existed, only stories carved into crumbling walls of forgotten temples. Bold buildings of researched that eroded away by time and weather. Anyone who did try to discover and learn about it are nothing but bones and ashes.

It was a realm infested with demons and spirits. Impossible to know how long one has been trapped in the prison without walls. Impossible to escape, unless someone from outside the realm could pull them out with strong enough magic and a Summoning Circle, but even that does not always work correctly. The Fade.

None of those trapped in the God-forsaken place has any knowledge of how they got there. The demons only act on instinct: kill and survive. Even the spirits find it difficult to understand as they wander for eternity between life and death, unable to communicate with those outside The Fade. All they could do was watch.

The stone ground was also the walls, and the curved up arches that must have represented part of a building that no longer existed. It was almost a continuously changing place, a labyrinth of a realm. It was dying but not quite dead, so to speak. In the distance, the screeching of a Despair Demon easily echoed through the realm, or the dominant roar of a rage-consumed demon to warn others to stay away.

However, something outside The Fade changed that sent shock waves throughout the entire realm, disturbing many of the demons and even causing some of the weaker stone structures to crack and collapse. Outside, a woman, her body coated in glowing white light, rose her hands upwards as a blinding string of light materialised. She brought them down, binding the Demon King's soul into a curse. He was not a demon of The Fade as he was capable of intelligence and speech. His body began to disintegrate into black dust. The dark raw energy that powered his form like blood clashed with the Goddess's power, the result was a small tear in The Fade. This tear, however, only lasted for a couple of seconds but cause an unbelievable amount of disruption. As the Demon King's body disappeared, the tear in The Fade was gone. Sealed as quickly as it appeared. The dust settled and the Goddess also vanished.

But, despite the tear being small and quick, it was all it took for something to fall out. The spirit that escaped The Fade was too weak to take a physical form, the energy it had drained as it became apart of this world rather than The Fade. The spirit used as much of its remaining strength as it could to lay itself to rest in a nearby lake. It put itself in a state of sleep to allow its strength to regain.         

Thank you for reading, and please leave feedback.