Chapter 1~~ Fit for a queen

Chestnut orbs darted around the dimly lit room as the small figure crouched behind the splintering oak table.
"Danni! Where are you?"
A shrill voice cut through the thick air as Danielle held her breath and crouched down lower,her backside landing with a thud when the chair was pulled back. She slowly lifted her head,her ash strands falling in front of her face as the small face of a young child smirked down at her.
"Found you! I win! I win!"
The voice rung out in victory as Danielle stood and dusted herself off,chuckling.
"Well done Love. You're getting better!"
She smiled softly and grabbed the small child,hugging her close. She found herself rocking as she hummed a sweet lullaby under her breath. Her voice became more promenant as she began to sing,the younger child looking up in awe.
"Hush now child. Close your eyes. Drift from this land,into your own. Fly with eagles. Swim in the sea. Run with the equine. As long as you stay by me."
Her sweet voice soon had the younger child swaying as she tried not to fall asleep. Danielle smiled and picked up the girl bridal style and carried her over to the small wooden bed in the corner. She placed her down softly and kissed her forehead before tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear.
"Sweet dreams,dear sister."

Dawn came around too quickly as Danielle groaned and turned away from the harsh morning light. Her usually tamed hair lay pooling on the hard floor of the shack before she sighed and rose.
"Good morning sister!"
A chirpy voice awoke her from her self pity as she turned to see her smaller sister carrying a loaf of bread and 2 apples. I hope she didn't steal those..
"Good morning Annabelle. Sleep well?"
She croaked tiredly before stretching,her back and neck giving a satisfying pop. She smiled as she watched her sister grab two wooden plates and setting them up as if they were attending a banquet with the queen. Her sister was always that kind of girl. Prancing around in cotton dresses
that her dear older sister made for her,raising her pinkie and sipping tea rather than downing it as well as setting up the table. She longed for the life of royalty and Danielle would do anything if it meant she could live that life. However...Danielle is the complete opposite. She would gladly run around in pants and a shirt as she was most comfortable in them. Of course plenty of ladies had tried to get her to wear a corset and a dress but she wasn't having any of it. She screeched to high hell until they took it off and left her be.
She chuckled softly to herself as she remembered kicking and screaming at the age of 9 until they let her go and she ran stark naked around the house. That was of course before her mother was shipped off to become a servant.
Danielle frowned as she looked around. This wasn't the life she promised Annabell. This wasn't what she wanted. They had lived in such finery before it was taken from them. Of course Danielle had reassured her mother that she would take care of Annabell..but this wasn't taking care of her.
This was not what she wanted.
And she would stop at nothing to give her sister everything she wanted.
Even at her own expense.

First chapter DONE!! My hand hurts ;w; Also. Tell me if you thing Danielle is a good sis or what? xP Anyhoo~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next one should be out soon. Love ya <3