Prologue

With a swift cracking noise, a piece of wood was sent flying through the forest, falling onto a pile of many more pieces like it. Jaune wiped the sweat from his forehead, as he placed the now broken handle to his wooden sword on the floor to his right, picking up another one from the pile on his left. 4 months, he had been chopping at this tree with his wooden swords. 4 bloody months.

Another hour passed, and Jaune finally stopped to take a break. He turned toward his cabin, plopping himself down on a chair on his porch. As he reached down to the floor to grab his jug of watered down whiskey, his maple brown eyes glanced up, meeting a pair of Chestnut irises.

"Ah, and the beautiful lady of royalty returns!" he chuckled, bowing his head sarcastically.

"Bite me!" The woman said, chuckling slightly as she approached him, resting her hand on his cheek "Still hard at work, I see. I'm sure you're shaping up to be a fine swordsman, and if not, maybe an axeman. I mean, just look at all this firewood you've gotten for us!" she said, a light giggle escaping her lips.

This woman was Jaune's wife to be: A grey-haired woman by the name of Danielle Pyroma. They had met during the winter solstice festival, and after a few drinks, were nearly inseparable. She sat down in the chair next to him, leaning back into it. Jaune smiled over at her, taking her by the hand, before standing up.

"Today. Today is the day I will down this tree. Tomorrow will be the day I become a swordsman." He said, looking down at her. "And I will make our name known throughout the lands!" He chuckled, kissing the top of her hand, before heading out to the tree once more. A small shout could be heard from inside the cabin, Danielle's sister Annabelle had been watching this entire interaction. "He better! I deserve to be sitting on a golden throne by the end of the month!" She said, before resting her head against her pillow once again.

That night, Jaune never came to bed.

Oooooh. I am gonna have fun with this <3 Anyway. I am soo hyped for this...hope you are too