He watched her curious expression falter into a cute pout at the nickname, and he felt like he couldn't breathe for a second.

"Drew! My name is May, M-A-Y!" She yelled into her phone, earning stares from a couple of people around her, while Drew just let out a chuckle.

"Did you seriously just call me to annoy me again?"

"You wish. Sorry sweetheart but I'm busy and I actually have things to do other than bug you."

Lies lies lies.

May blushed a little at the 'sweetheart' part of his comment, but she looked like she was about to hand up anytime now.

"I have a valid reason. Let's play a game."

"What? A game? Over the phone?"

"Yeah."

Her faced scrunched up a bit. "And what's in it for me?"

"Hmm, how about McDonalds?"

"You'll pay?"

"Yeah."

You just scored yourself a date there, Hayden.

Her eyes lit up at the thought. "Woohoo!" She fist bumped the air. Adorable. "So how do you play?"

"It's simple. First one to find the other wins."

"Huh? What?"

"Just spot me in the crowd, June, that's all."

"Wait what where are you in the first place?"

"That's the point of the game. You have to find me before I find you. Three, two, one, go!"

"HEY WAIT DREW WHA-"

He hung up before she finished, watching her priceless reaction and slowly making has way through the horde of passengers to where she stood. Boy, this was gonna be fun.

And being the dense brunette she always had been, May didn't even realise that Drew was only metres away from her. After some angry mumbling to herself, she dialed his number again, grunting in frustration while waiting for him to pick up.

"Wassup." He muttered, as he got closer and closer to where she stood.

"Wassup? WASSUP? THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME?!"

"Woah woah calm down tiger, why the anger?"

"Of course I'm angry! Free McDonald's is on the line and I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE YOU ARE."

"Chill. It's easier than you think."

"What? You could be anywhere in seven continents for all I could know!"

"Hey, I'm close."

"How close?"

"Like right behind you close."

May paused for a moment, then laughed. "As if, there's no way you'd actually be behi-"

And so, she turns around to face her (oops don't tell Drew yet) childhood crush who indeed stood there in all his tall fricking glory.

Her jaw dropped, and he gently pushed her chin up with a finger as sapphire met emerald.

Cue background fireworks.

He put his phone back in his pocket, then bent down to her petite 5'2 frame, their faces leaning close. Inches maybe.

"I win." He smirked.

May was still too shocked to move her phone from her ear, but then something snapped.

"YOU CHEATED."

"Nope. I won fair and square."

"LIAR. YOU CHEATED, YOU KNEW I HAD CRAM SCHOOL SO YOU FOLLOWED ME JUST SO THAT YOU COULD SHOW OFF AND MAKE ME FEE-"

"Wait no. I didn't follow you I swear. I just saw you from the other side of the cabin and wanted to have some fun."

Her anger subsided a bit, and then it turned to confusion.

"Really? You just happened to be here? Wow, what a coincidence."

He scoffed. "Screw coincidence, this is fate, honey."

And as expected, she turned red at the name, averting her gaze.

"Can you just call me by my name for onc-" She spoke, only to be interrupted by the sound of the train doors opening and passengers flooding the cabin.

It ended up getting so packed, May felt like she couldn't breath from the claustrophobia. Or maybe it was just the fact that she was pressed against Drew. But she wouldn't admit it, of course.

"May."

"Hmm?"

The fact that he had actually called her by her real name for once made her look up in suspicion. Big mistake. Their faces were now probably only centimetres apart. Too close for her liking.

Like close enough to count his eyelashes. Which were beautiful by the way.

They both blushed at the proximity, and looked away.

Then Drew realised what he was about to say. "Hey, I won, so give me my prize."

"What? Why would I give you something when the game wasn't even fair?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Yeesh chill woman, it's not an object or something."

"Then what?"

"Go out with me." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist, bringing them even closer, if that was even possible, and resting in forehead on hers.

And, for the umpteenth time that day, May blushed, before melting into Drew's embrace.

In the smallest voice, she let out, "Fine, idiot."

Drew felt like he couldn't breathe.

Who's the one blushing now, huh?

ㅇㅅㅇ
holy shizzlenut we hit 3K views OMG OMG OMG I LOVE YOU GUYSSS
Its been forever...
I hate e-learning. At this point I actually WANT to get the virus.
Tell me what you guys think of this chapter;)

Also give me a oneshot idea and I'll give you a shoutout if I write it!

✌️ peace out
~the constipated kitten

(oh and remember to wash your hands!)