The Soul of Sapiro

A philosopher once said that Spring embodies the birth of a new hope. Like the dead trees that start to bloom again, sorrows may bore new hope as time passes. But like spring that eventually turns to autumn, death and life is also an unescapable cycle.

It was definitely not a Spring season for Encantadia. The leaves just started turning from green to deep oranges. The winds has gotten colder and people started adding cloaks again above their gowns before stepping out of the busy streets. It used to be a delightful sight but now it just felt like the season resonating the deep mourning the whole land has plunged into ever since it's light was taken away.

Back in Lireo, the three surviving sang'gres together with the Queen were in a serious conversation, reminiscing the event that happened years ago. Hoping that by relieving it again they might finally find even the slightest of clue.

"Ilang taon na ang lumipas, naka ilang balik na rin tayo sa palasyong tinaguyod ni Arde sa himpapawid, ngunit kagaya ng dati ay wala pa tin tayong nakikitan sagot sa kinahantungan ni Amihan." said sang'gre Alena with all the hints of sadness in her voice.

"Syang tunay Alena, ilang beses ko na ring sinubukang pagtagpitagpiin ang mga naganap nung araw na iyong ngunit hanggang ngayon ay wala pa rin akong makuhang sagot." said Pirena.

"Ngunit kailangan pa rin nating subukan para kay Amihan. Kung hinihintay nya ang ating tulong ay mas lalong hindi natin sya pwedeng biguin. Lalo't lalo na na sa atin umaasa ang Rama." encouraged Danaya.

"Nasaan nga pala ang Rama? Hindi ba't inimbitahan natin sya sa diskusyong ito?" wondered Alena.

It was the figure standing next to the open window, in her usual royal robes and Lirean crown, who answered.

"Marahil ay mas minabuti na muna ng aking amang huwag na muna dumalo sa ating pag uusap sapagkat ito ang isa sa mga araw na labis syang nangungulila sa aking Inay." said Lira, her gazed affixed to the far horizons.

"Ngunit napakahalaga ng ating pag-uusapan." said Pirena disapprovingly.

"Taon-taon, laging pinagdiriwang ni Inay ang Kaarawan ni Itay. Taon-taon ay palagi nyang sinisigurado na mula umaga sa kanyang paggising hanggang sa oras ng kanyang paghimbing, ay lagi lamang syang nakangiti at masaya. Kaya hayaan na muna natin sya sapagkat batid ko na labis labis ang kanyang nararamdamang lumbay sa araw na ito." said Lira in a soft voice. It felt like she echoes the sadness that the Rama is suffering all through these years.

"Kung ganoon ay hayaan na muna natin si Ybrahim. Magsimula na tayo." said Danaya.

Lira still looking from afar, can't help but wonder what his father is doing at this very moment. She hasn't been in Sapiro for quite awhile now because of duties but her mind has never been that far from Sapiro and her families.

"Itay, kamusta na kaya kayo." Lira asked in her mind.

Back in Sapiro a regal figure in his royal robes has been staring at the silhouette of Lireo for quite a while now. Falling leaves of deep orange and red from the surrounding trees has framed the magnificent silhouette from afar. It was indeed a breathtaking view but for the Rama, the sight is nothing but sorrowful. He closed his eyes, trying to feel the air, maybe this time she will finally feel her. For a long time he tried, yet in the end he just sighed in defeat. No matter how hard he tries, the air just never felt the same. There was a total absence of her in it and it has been for the longest time. It was said that ever since the Queen disappeared, Lavenders has never been smelled in the air ever again.

"Nabigo kami, patawad Ybrahim." the voice of Sang'gre Alena echoed in his mind. This was the very first words he heard the day they went back from rescuing Amihan.