"Don't you fucking touch her!" I hear Justin growl at Nick, his grasp on his shirt is tight.

"What are you doing!? Let go of me old man! All she wanted was a kiss!" Nick says, pushing him back in a defensive manner.

"There's no way Karina wanted a kiss, so keep your filthy fucking mouth to yourself." I hear Justin's rage flow with every word he says. To the public, he sounds like an angry father trying to protect his daughters friend, but to me he kinds like the jealous boyfriend who really isn't my boyfriend. We haven't dtr'ed.

"Karina tell this crazy fucking coffin-dodger that it was just an innocent kiss!" Nick yells at me as I stand by watching helplessly

"Karina tell this crazy fucking coffin-dodger that it was just an innocent kiss!" Nick yells at me as I stand by watching helplessly. Coffin-dodger? Oh hell no.

"Hey! Don't be rude my best friends father! Have a little respect! And I didn't mean kiss me literately! I was venting! God, men only listen to what they want to hear." I yell back at him, the paparazzi watching and "ooing" as I walk away. I grab a more calm version of Justin by the shoulder and lead him away from the situation, back towards the movie theater.
We stay silent on our long walk back because I can still feel the rage and jealousy seeping out of his pores. I'm the first to break the silence between us with a quick thank you. Bet then I go off.

"Justin, why would you pick a fight over an innocent little kiss like that? There was cameras everywhere." I say harshly but quietly as we start nearing the theater room. He doesn't reply, so I continue to rant.

"We're never going to get invited anywhere else after that! You're publicist is going to be so mad at me! And you have a photo shoot and interview this Friday!" I pause to take a breath and tone down my harshness. "And even if I did want a kiss, it's not like you've asked me to be your girlfriend or anything..." I trail off, not really wanting to hear the confirmation of not being his girlfriend out loud. I look over at him, his jaw is still clenched But he's looking over at me now, his eyes squinty as if he wants to yell at me.

"Go ahead and tell me whatever you have to say before we go back in. I don't want Jess knowing about this until she finds out on the tabloids." He ignores my words and decides to speed up his walk, leaving my Bambi legs in the dust. I hate heels!
He's being more difficult than he has to be.
He walks into the theater room and sits next to Jess like before, I act like nothing happened but decide to sit on the right side of Karina so she acts like a buffer between Justin and I. She asks if everything's fine and I nod my head, just telling her I was tired. She nods and continues to watch the movie, I don't bother focusing on the movie despite how much I wanted to see it. My mind runs through today's events and I'm almost in panic mode.
What if my parents see the picture? What if they find out I'm in New York early? What if my snitch ass neighbor tells them? Will I still have my job?
I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
_____

When the movie ends, I look up from my lap to clap at the screen like everybody else, some of these white people are cringey. They the type of people to clap when their air plane lands.