2.

ELLE'S POV

My sister and I entered detention together. She had just finished PE, and, looking like a goddess, she seemed almost inhuman. Her hair was tied up in a casual yet alluring messy ponytail, and she was clad in snug blue gym shorts paired with a yellow tank top. It baffled me how she managed to escape the dress code; I mean, just look at her. Nonetheless, she possessed the uncanny ability to flirt her way out of any situation. She effortlessly took a seat at the front of the room, and I followed suit, choosing a spot right in front of her so we could converse face-to-face. Detention was uncharted territory for me, so I found myself gazing at my sister, who was clearly the more experienced one here. It appeared even she couldn't charm her way out of every predicament.My reverie was interrupted by my sister whispering my name. "Elle!" I turned to see her passing me a note. "It's from Tuppen, he's apologizing." She turned around, shooting Tuppen a withering look. Another note soon followed. "What does it say?" I inquired. She chuckled, "He's asking what he needs to do to get my number, that jackass," and rolled her eyes. At the same time, an idea sprang into my mind, and I snatched the paper from her, penning my response. "Hey," she scolded me, but her smirk gave away her amusement as I revealed my message. She passed the note back down to Tuppen, who read it, laughed, and nodded in response.

EM'S POV

Tuppen had been absent from the room for a long time since we handed him the note. I began to wonder whether he would actually follow through with it. I turned to find Noah gazing at me. Rolling my eyes, I refocused my attention on my sister. "Oh my," she gushed, placing her hand against her cheek and sighing, "he's just so perfect.""Who are you talking about again?" I inquired."Noah," she whispered."Ew," I declared, contorting my face in disgust, "mentally repulsed!""Oh, come on, he's not that bad.""He's Lee's brother and a notorious player, but I suppose he's not the worst.""But..." she whined."Your childhood crush on Flynn," I teased. As I glanced back to check whether Noah was still staring, Tuppen made a grand entrance, sporting a miniskirt that sent the entire room into fits of laughter. He struck poses and even did a runway walk, stopping in front of my desk. "Can I get your number now?"I jotted my number on a piece of paper and handed it to him, saying, "Yes, ma'am," with a playful tone.

______

I was preparing for my date with Tuppen, wearing a red tube dress that accentuated my curves, along with basic black heels. However, I ended up stood up by Tuppen, a fact that left me incredulous. All those times at Nanny's house, hearing her talk about true love and how I should be seeking it instead of kissing anyone who crossed my path—Grandma's stories had truly instilled a belief in finding "the one." So, I couldn't fathom why I had squandered my time on Tuppen. Perhaps old habits die hard. I drove to the pier, the favorite hangout of Lee and Elle."That jackass!" Lee consoled me."Exactly!" I concurred. "What was I thinking?"As I watched Lee and Elle dancing, Tuppen arrived at the pier. "Wrong location; your douchebag meeting is definitely not here.""Em, can we talk?" he asked."Back off," Elle stood beside me, possibly the most sisterly thing she had done for me since my return. Then again, she had been the one to answer that note, practically setting me up on a date with Tuppen."It's okay, Elle," I assured her."I'm sorry I stood you up. I genuinely wanted to go out with you, but...""But?""But Flynn told me that if I showed up to our date, I'd wake up with a broken nose.""Noah?" I asked in disbelief. "That jackass!" I screamed, drawing the attention of everyone around. "Move out of my way," I told Tuppen, pushing him aside as I stormed out of the venue.

__________

"Noah, really?" I shouted, incensed. I had driven to Noah's house and now found myself in his room, where he was sitting in his underwear. "Are you five? You do not get to dictate who I can go out with. Do you hear me? You do not!""Come down, Em," he said calmly, "Tuppen is a player. I'm just trying to protect you.""Trying to protect me?" I snapped, more furious than ever. "I can take care of myself, thank you.""You'll thank me one day.""Thank you? Are you serious? Did you really just say that? Thank you?" I took a deep breath to try and calm down. "The days of you controlling my dating life are over!""We'll see about that," he said, smirking."Ugh!" I walked out of his room, my anger propelling me out of his house and into my car.It seemed that driving while enraged should be prohibited, as it led to the regrettable outcome of colliding with a tree in front of my house. In recent days, I had been catching rides with Lee and Elle, which meant no more conversations about how great Noah was with my sister, a fact for which I was profoundly grateful.

___

"Hey, Short Skirt," I answered my phone. "What do you need?""Hey, I have to stay late for practice today, and Lee is taking his parents to the airport. Can you ask Noah for a ride?""Really? You want me to ask Noah? Are you serious, Elle? You know how I feel about him.""I know, but unless you want to wait for Dad to finish work and pick you up, that's all I've got.""Got it. I'll ask him then.""Wait, one more thing.""What?" I asked, irritated."Can you please help us out at the kissing booth, please?""My answer is still no," and I hung up on her. Since I started taking rides with Lee and Elle, that's all they ever asked of me.As I walked toward Noah, I halted when I saw him talking to three cheerleaders. Jackass. "Elle told me you would give me a ride?" he grinned and sent the girls away. "Hop on," he said, mounting his bike."A bike? Do you think I'm going to ride a bike? I already have a 70% higher chance of getting in an accident on a bike, and with you at the wheel, you'd be delivering flowers to the hospital because that's where I'll be—in a coma!""Don't be so dramatic. Come on," he handed me a helmet."If I didn't hate walking so much, I'd give you more attitude. But for today, you're all I've got," I grumbled, picking up the helmet.

__________________________________

Some of my other work:

DragonHeart (https://www.wattpad.com/story/364671210-dragonheart)

In the mystical realm of Eldoria, four elemental courts - Ardorea (Flame), Aestus (Tides), Calx (Stone), and Zephyr (Wind) - have coexisted for centuries, but their relationships are far from harmonious. Elara, a spirited and headstrong member of the Stone Court, finds herself embroiled in a conflict that transcends her wildest imagination when she is taken to the Wind court as a prisoner.Unbeknownst to Elara, she possesses an incredible power that few are aware of - she contains the essence of all the elemental courts. Her rare ability allows her to wield the strengths of Flame, Tides, Stone, and Zephyr, making her a living embodiment of unity and balance.As Elara and Darian journey through the ever-changing landscapes of Eldoria, their initial hostility and mistrust slowly transform into a begrudging alliance. Elara's captivity quickly evolves into a complex dynamic of shared experiences and growing connections.The elemental courts they hail from each have their own unique traditions and elemental magic. Elara's extraordinary abilities prove to be the missing link that could reconcile their differences and forge a new understanding of their world as they grapple with the looming threat of war. As they encounter mystical creatures, face dangerous trials, and uncover hidden secrets, their relationship takes a surprising turn.Amid Eldoria's turmoil, a growing attraction between Elara and Darian becomes undeniable. Together, they embark on a mission to unite their courts and prevent the devastating return of an ancient and powerful dragon, whose reawakening could spell disaster for their world.