BTM ALT. STORYLINE: IV

I don't like your little games

Don't like your tilted stage

The role you made me play

Of the fool, no, I don't like you

I don't like your perfect crime

How you laugh when you lie 

You said the gun was mine

Isn't cool, no, I don't like you

---

Spiderman slung out another web at Anima, who, due to her exhaustion, didn't dodge it. He pulled her towards him, and she rolled. She nearly landed on top of him; he missed a web shot and ended up shooting her in the face. Anima scrambled around as she hit the ground, and Spiderman tugged the web back from her face. 

Her mask came off with it. 

Spiderman's mask came off as she rolled and grabbed for something. He'd been slipping it off to breathe, but now it was completely off. 

"Y/N?" Peter Parker whispered. 

Anima whirled around angrily and glared at him. Her eyes were hard and bright in her frustration as she picked up her mask, but the anger turned into horror at the sight of him. 

Y/N L/N. 

---

"No, no, no, no." Peter bolted to his feet and scooped up his own mask. Y/N was still giving him a look that plainly said, I am going to murder you. 

"Oh, yes." She replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Would you prefer it if I were someone else? Stark?" As she said his name, her body shifted to a copy of Tony Stark's, but in a tailcoat and boots. "Or Ned? Liz? Michelle?" Every time she said someone's name, she shifted into them. 

She finally reverted back into her normal appearance. She folded her arms. "Lovely, isn't it? Just a little brawl. But ooh, now that we know who we are, we're all friendly now!" She spoke with pure bitterness. "Although, I've gotta say, I'm both surprised and not surprised that you're Spiderman, Peter."

"I..." Peter shook his head, denying that Anima was Y/N. "No, not possible."

"Anything is possible." She answered blithely, then shifted into Peter. Y/N-as-Peter spread their arms. "See? I must say, you have nice hair."

She shifted back into herself and chuckled. Peter bit his lip, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Take this seriously, Y/N!" Peter shouted furiously. "You are not nothing without the suit; this can't be true, this can't be true. If it's a dream, I want to wake up!"

Pausing, Y/N gave Peter a sad look. "I want to wake up too."