Lunch Yard

"People are excited. Or anxious." Michelle noted as she and Y/N headed to the lunch yard.

"Well, I wonder why!" Y/N said, packing as much sarcasm as humanity would allow in that statement.

"Hm. Maybe it's because of Anima." Michelle rolled her eyes at her. She rolled her eyes back.

"Let's go find Peter and Ned- Oof."

"I'm right here. No need to come find me." Peter said behind her, and when she turned around, he was grinning widely.

Aww.

"Good. I don't have to waste energy chasing you, then." She teased lightly.

"Fantastic."

Ned jogged up behind Peter, smiling. "Hi guys. Wanna eat now?"

"Of course I do. It's food. What's not to like?" Y/N stuck her tongue out and plopped down on a bench without waiting for them.
                              ---
"So, Anima." Michelle said through a mouthful of food. Y/N glanced at her, temporarily surprised, but then remembered she hadn't told Michelle about her hero self. Good thing she hadn't.

"What about her?"

"They say she's a hero, but I think heroes are just people looking for fun occasionally." Michelle declared.

"They're probably really stressed." She countered. "Like the Avengers. Look at them. They've got anxiety."

Peter smiled slightly next to her. "And Spiderman is just trying to help."

"I'm betting that radioactive spider that bit him is thinking 'I've made a perfectly good superhero.' But then Spiderman is thinking 'Look what you've done, I have anxiety.' " Y/N gave an innocent smile.

To be honest, she was the same with her power. She'd love to shapeshift to have different features for everyday. She could shapeshift so her hair was curled if she wanted it to be. Though perhaps if she did it sparingly, people wouldn't be suspicious.

"Y/N." Peter said.

"Yeah?"

"I asked you a question."

Dang it.

"Repeat it." She blinked.

"What do you think of Anima?" Peter was giving her a curious look.

"Oh, she's cool." Y/N shrugged, trying not to look too suspicious, since she was Anima anyways. "Can't wait to see what else she can do."

Peter nodded slightly in agreement as if that had been Jos answer too. Why did he have to be so nice?

"Anyways..." She coughed awkwardly as Michelle patted her back. "Hurry up and eat that, Peter, or I will take it from you and consume it myself."