Chapter 16: Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

Third period was going to be the best part of my day.

*********

“Can all fourth year students please come to the auditorium, please?” the secretary asked on the intercom. Everyone in my History class immediately jumped to their feet and headed out the door. It was not missed that Chad was distinctly not present today, most girls were very upset by him ‘skipping’ History.

But I knew better. He wasn’t skipping, he was working on my deed.

I sniggered as I walked down the hallway, anxious to get to the assembly so the fun could start. It took several minutes for everyone in my grade to sit down and shut up in the large auditorium. The assembly was just supposed to be about the school rules, some of the complaints and the comments from the students that we think needs to be improved on.

Like the disgusting cafeteria lunches. Or the fact that there is never any toilet paper in the bathrooms. Or even that the soap in the bathroom’s have been ‘tampered with’…ergo people open the soap dispensers and spit it them. Nasty.

I settled into my seat as the principal and the vice principals went on and on about things that no one really cared about. I constantly glanced down at my watch, and right as it hit the two o’clock mark, one of the auditorium doors opened and Chad came walking down the aisle in a long, black cape that completely covered his body so only his head and hands showed. He hurried down the long aisle on the left side of the auditorium while everyone watched him in confusion and curiosity.

I grinned broadly as I watched him mount the steps. The VP’s and even the Principal seemed completely shell shocked, until Chad made his way to the front and center of the stage. He looked up at the top of the auditorium and nodded.

Suddenly music that was fitting to be in Swan Lake started to play through the speakers. Chad dropped his robe, his cheeks a bright pink color that completely matched his outfit.

Hot pink tights. Ballet shoes. A tight, long, pink V-neck shirt, with a big, pink, fluffy tutu.

He started to do a very poor imitation of a ballerina, twirling on his ‘toes’ while everyone in the auditorium started to giggle, then laugh. Slowly guys and gals started to hoot and whistle, taking out their phones to take pictures and video tape while Chad did ungainly leaps across the stage, putting his hands above his head and twinkle-toeing his way across the line of faculty members.

Suddenly, everyone on stage was in action. The principal and VP’s jumped to their feet, hurrying towards Chad. Seeing this, Chad’s blue eyes popped as he suddenly shouted, “I’m sorry!” and then sprinted off stage, all the VP's running after him while the principal stayed behind to calm us down.

Everyone cheered him on as he bolted right out the door, blowing kisses and slapping his butt at the staff while they chased after him. The principal's efforts were futile. We were too far gone and our attention was wrecked for the rest of the assembly.

It totally made my day.

 ********

“So…am I forgiven?” Chad asked me as I walked with him to my house. I refused to endure another awkward, silent, tense car ride with my brother and….boy-with-pending-boyfriend-status, AKA Jake.

“Well, you did do everything I asked,” I pursed my lips, “Fine. You’re forgiven.”

“Yes!” he cried, leaping into the air with a wide grin on his face.