chapter eighteen;

they were barely a week into the school break but i'd be lying if i said that they weren't enjoying it. it was only a few days after the boys had all slept at hyungwon's house.
taehyung was planning on asking jungkook if he wanted to go on a date for the following day as he was led on his bed, scrolling through the drunken photos of jungkook and him that he refused to delete.

as he was thinking about the younger boy, his phone began ringing and jungkook's contact number popped up on his phone. swiping the green button, he answered the call.

"hey, baby, you okay?"

"t-taehyung," jungkook sobbed into the phone.

"woah, jungkook, what's wrong? has something happened?"

"come over, please, i need you."

"yeah, of course. i'll be there in five."

taehyung ended the call and wasted no time before he slid his phone into his pocket and grabbed his keys, darting out of his house.

after a shorter drive than usual, taehyung had made it to jungkook's house in record timing. he jogged over to the front door and hurriedly knocked on it.

the door opened to reveal jungkook in his cookie monster onsie with puffy eyes and a blanket draped over his shoulders. taehyung's heart broke at the sight, knowing that his baby boy was crying.

"shh, baby, it's okay. come here," taehyung whispered softly, engulfing jungkook into a comforting hug. he grabbed the backs of jungkook's legs and hoisted him up, carrying him upstairs to his bedroom.

he sat down on the younger's bed as the jungkook still clung to him like a koala, refusing to let go. not that taehyung minded.

"can you tell me what's wrong, sweetheart?" taehyung whispered sweetly into jungkook's ear, kissing the side of his head.

"i-i," jungkook stuttered, still sobbing. "i got to the part in season four o-of 'orange is the new b-black'."

taehyung sighed, slightly amused. his boyfriend was a blubbering mess because of a television programme.

"aww, baby, i know," taehyung cooed.

"i'm very fragile right now, can you cuddle me?" jungkook said with doe eyes.

"of course," taehyung said. he slipped his shoes off and swung his legs up and onto the bed. he attempted to move the younger off of him and to the side but the younger wouldn't budge. taehyung settled for wrapping his arms around jungkook's waist as he laid on top of him.

"it hurts, taehyung," jungkook whimpered.

"shh, i know, angel. i know. but she's gonna get justice," taehyung replied, kissing jungkook's forehead.

__________

it was only when taehyung woke up to see minji standing in the doorway of jungkook's room that he realised he had fallen asleep. his boyfriend's mother was smiling sweetly at the two of them.

"hey, tae. you alright?" she said quietly, not wanting to wake her son.

"mhm," he answered groggily.

she sent him a loving smile. "you're good for him, taehyung."

"he's good for me, too. he's made me into a better person," taehyung replied, glancing to see his boyfriend snoring gently in his arms.

"you should probably wake him up, it's already five in the afternoon. you guys have been asleep for most of the afternoon," minji chuckled.

"really? wow, i didn't even realise that i had fallen asleep," taehyung replied.