Aging Info

Kits :: 0 - 6 moons
The following exceptions apply: illness prevents the kit from being able to begin training as an apprentice; injury prevents the kit from being able to begin training as an apprentice; the Clan decides to train kits from a younger age; other reasons deem the kit too weak to begin training.

Apprentices :: 6 - 13 moons
Apprentice ceremonies are held once kits become 6 moons old, unless there are exceptions, and ceremonies are usually held soon after the last Gathering, allowing apprentices to train before the next Gathering, where they will attend and be announced, in normal cases. The above exceptions for a kit not being made an apprentice at 6 moons old apply. For kittypets who enter the Clans, age does not matter, as they will always become an apprentice first before they are allowed to become a warrior of their chosen Clan, except in special cases denoted in the following ranks. 

Apprentices usually train for 6-7 moons, of which the first moon involves familiarising themselves with the territory and learning crouches, and hunting for the first time. In the next four moons, apprentices are taught everything that their mentor can teach them: perfecting hunting, perfecting fighting, respecting the elders, learning the warrior code, and so forth. In the last moon, the apprentice is assessed once the mentor believes that they are ready, and it is decided whether they have what it takes to become a warrior. Due to delays, this assessment can be pushed back another moon, but it is common for apprentices to have their warrior ceremony between 12 - 13 moons old.

The following exceptions apply: the apprentice is not ready to become a warrior; the apprentice exhibits poor behaviour/disrespects the Clan; the apprentice is a medicine cat apprentice (the medicine cat and/or StarClan make the decision when the apprentice is prepared to take on the responsibility); the apprentice is injured and training is delayed; the apprentice becomes ill and training is delayed; the mentor is forced to delay training because they became injured/ill/weak; an apprentice is given a new mentor. The latest that apprentices would become warriors is usually 16 moons.

Warriors :: 13 - 100+ moons
Warrior ceremonies are held once an apprentice has been assessed and it is agreed that they are ready to become a warrior. This can rarely occur in a warrior under the age of 12 moons, but this is very rare and usually is the decision of the leader of the Clan, unless kits are trained younger than the usual apprentice age. They attend the next Gathering as a warrior, where they announced and join the warriors from the other Clans. In cases of a kittypet or loner becoming a warrior, this is a special case where the leader has agreed that the cat has already proven themselves capable of being a warrior. 

Mentors :: 20 - 100+ moons
Warriors can gain apprentices at any age, but this is usually after they have been a warrior for some time, as they have more experience to share with their apprentices. Clans try to avoid pairing parents with their own kits, as they will be too lenient on their apprentices, but this does occasionally happen, especially in shortages of warriors. Warriors often watch kits as they grow and ask leaders if they can mentor certain kits, but this is not always upheld for many reasons. Some warriors can have two apprentices at one time, but this in infrequent and only given to senior warriors or those with particular experience.

Not all warriors will train apprentices, and sometimes their apprentices are limited to one. The following exceptions apply: the leader deems the warrior too impatient to train an apprentice; a warrior has lost an apprentice before and reacted badly; there is a personal disagreement between the warrior and apprentice; the warrior refuses to train an apprentice and the leader agrees with their judgment or reasons.

Leaders will commonly train the kin of their deputy, or else kits with special heritage or involvement in a prophecy. The following exceptions apply: there are no suitable mentors amongst the warriors; the leader has a personal preference to train an apprentice.