Awake

ACT 3: RESET

The bright lights hanging on the stark white ceiling blinded May as her eyes opened. She tried to remember what had happened, but everything was fuzzy. She started to sit up as a nurse opened the green curtain and stepped inside her part of the room. She dropped her clipboard as she saw the girl awake. 

"Doctor Stevens! She's awake!" The nurse exclaimed, her caramel eyes twinkling with relief. May heard quick approaching footsteps as the curtain was drawn back again and a man with short spiky brown hair stepped in, wearing scrubs. 

"Thank goodness! Has the boy shown any signs of waking up?" Doctor Stevens asked.

"No, he hasn't," the nurse said.

"Excuse me, can you tell me what happened?" May asked, interrupting the doctor and nurse's conversation.

"You were kidnapped, and your friend saved you, but he hasn't woke up yet. We were about to ask you all that happened, do you remember anything?" The nurse asked.

"No, I don't remember be kidnapped at all. I just remember hanging out with my friends at school and doing homework like any normal teen," May answered. "Wait, who was the friend who saved me?" 

"Drew Hayden, does that sound right?" Doctor Stevens asked. May's sapphire eyes widened. 

"Drew! Is he okay!?" May asked. 

"Yes, but he's still asleep behind this curtain," the nurse answered. 

"I want to see him!" May demanded. 

"Are you sure you can stand? You've been out for 2 weeks," Doctor Stevens frowned. 

"I need too, it's the least I can do, he risked his life to bring me back home, even if I don't remember it. It's strange, I know he's one of my best friends, but I feel as if, I've forgotten something important, something just between us," May said, pondering and trailing off towards the end. She suddenly whipped her legs around to the side of the bed before standing up, almost falling. She pulled the curtain back.

"May! Stop! You shouldn't be up!" Doctor Stevens exclaimed. She ignored him and pulled all the contraptions off of her and steadily walked the couple feet to Drew's bedside. The nurse grabbed her a stool and she sat down, despite Doctor Stevens bitter attitude towards her disobedience. May felt a sudden strong urge to brush the locks of green hair that were covering his right eye. She didn't fight it, and so she did. She was surprised at how soft his hair was. Sighing. She grabbed his hand, closest to her, and wrapped both her smaller ones around it. She took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh.

"I'm sorry Drew, I would never want you to get hurt on my account," she said softly. She noticed as his mouth tilted upwards into a smirk as he moved his hand up and set it on top of hers. His eyes fluttered open as he said, "I would save you over and over again, you can count on that, June," May's eyes filled with tears. 

"Drew! She exclaimed, jumping on top of him and hugging him. She could feel a strange shock sensation running through her body she couldn't recall if she had felt it before.

"Can't......breath.......ditz....." Drew choked. She immediately withdrawled from him.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to!" May said quickly, her face tinted a slight red. 

"Hey May, do you remember what happened?" Drew asked.

"No, I don't, do you?" May answered.

"No, I don't either, that's so strange," Drew trailed off. 

"I'm back!" The nurse said, May was unaware she had even left in the first place. "You two have some guests if you wish to see them," May and Drew glanced at each other before nodding. 

"Sure!" May said. 

"Okay, you may come in now," the nurse said. The door opened to reveal two brunettes. One a boy with spiky auburn hair and the other, a girl with medium long chestnut hair. Gary and Leaf. Gary grinded his teeth and clench his shaking fist. He walked over to Drew with his head down before he grabbed Drew by the collar of his shirt and brought him up so they were eye to eye.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING IDIOT!? YOU LIED TO US AND LEFT!! HOW DARE YOU!! YOU HAD LEAF AND I SCARED TO DEATH!!!!" Gary exploded at him.

"Gary, leave him alone, he just woke up," Leaf sighed, crossing her arms.

"YOU AREN'T MAD AT ALL!!!!??????" Gary raged.

"They're fine now, let it go. Down boy, down," Leaf said, as she pulled Gary away from Drew. Drew breathed in relief.

"Thanks Leaf," Drew said gratefully. Leaf didn't say anything back as her eyes filled with tears.

"Thank goodness you're alright May," Leaf said as she embraced her. May smiled and hugged her tightly. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too Leaf," May smiled. Suddenly, a distressed look fell across May's face. 

"May, are you okay?" Leaf asked.

"My mom," she said sadly. 

"Hey! Don't cry! You can stay with me and my family!" Leaf exclaimed, hugging her tighter. May sniffed. "O-Okay, thank you Leaf," May said, as a stray tear fell down her cheek. 

"So mind telling just what the heck happened?" Gary asked. 

"I don't remember anything past getting off the boat," May said.

"The boat?" Leaf asked. May's eyes widened.

"That's it! It was N! He was trying to free himself from his father! He didn't know why they wanted me. I knew why, but I can't seem to remember! Urgh." 

"N? Drew's brother? But Drew's father is dead!" Gary said.

" I can't remember exactly what happened," May said.

"Yeah, it was my dad, but I don't remember how I saved May," Drew frowned.

"Let me ask you May, does this have to do with all the weird stuff you would mutter under your breath and say for like 2 months?" Leaf asked. May's face scrunched up in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" May asked. Leaf looked surprised.

"You don't remember?" Leaf asked blankly, her eyebrow twitching. May shook her head. Leaf deflated. "Seriously?" she said blandly. 

"I don't know, I feel like I'm forgetting something important, it's bugging me," May grumbled.

"Me too, I feel like it's something so essential that I should remember it, but I don't, it's infuriating," Drew clenched his fists. 

"Hey, it's okay, I'm sure you'll remember eventually," Leaf said, setting a comforting hand on May's shoulder. May and Drew both sighed.

.

.

.

-A/N-

I hope that was satisfactory >~<  I have a plan for the next like two chapters, but it's just kind of chill. I think you guys are going to find it a little frustrating but it will be worth it it. There's a whole other plot that will unfold that was hinted at in an earlier chapter :D see, I can connect my stories a little bit! I hope you enjoy this small act; Reset. I can't wait to read your lovely comments for this chapter I guess, but mainly the next couple of chapters. Anyways, love you guys and thank you for supporting me! Wow, this story is almost a year old.... wow, look how far I've come... well.. I love you guys! Byeee!!

YouDontKnowShipping