Chapter Nine

It had been two days since everyone had been captured. No one left their cells, except Aphmau, who was constantly taken out of her cell kicking and screaming, in order to help with her wedding dress. Her screaming was the most gut-wrenching thing any of the other gods had ever heard in a long time, and they would shake the bars of their cells to try and stop the guards Michael would send down to get her, but it never worked. They always just walked right past them, like they couldn't hear them.

On the second day, right after they had all gotten done screaming, Aaron turned around and screamed at the cell wall. He screamed until his throat was raw and he was in a puddle on the floor.

"Aaron~Kun?" he heard Kawaii~Chan say from her cell next to his. He quickly wiped his tears away, even though he knew she couldn't see them.

"I'm fine," he said, gruffly, sitting down, "I'm gonna take a nap until our food comes," With that, he laid down on the hard, stone floors of his cell and curled up, ignoring anything anyone else said to him.

Kawaii~Chan sighed and slid down the wall of her cell, tears beginning to fall. They would rot in these cells, Aphmau would get married to someone who didn't make her happy, and they would eventually get tortured for Michael's amusement.

Bad thoughts began to make their way into her mind. If you had been more careful, you would've gotten them all out. Why can't you do anything right? All you can do is ship and play music. You can't help them at all. They're gonna die because of your foolishness.

"Shut up," she murmured to herself. She began hitting her head to silence the thoughts. "Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!" she screamed to herself. She began to shake and scream even louder out of fear, squeezing her eyes shut. She almost didn't hear another god's frantic cries for her.

"Nana!" Zane yelled, shaking the bars of his cell to get her attention. Then, he began to hear things. He looked over to her cell and saw Kawaii~Chan's Inner Demons.

One thing that Irene had made for flare was Inner Demons. Everyone had them, but some were more powerful than others. After some time, they began to evolve, and any one that got too powerful could be seen and would haunt their owner for the rest of their life. Kawaii~Chan's looked like little, grey cats, slinking around her head and whispering things into her ears.

Zane could hear the things that they were saying to her. "Why can't you do anything right?"

"Why're you even here? You can't save them,"

"Love is useless in this situation. Probably why Irene gave it to you."

"You should've helped more! You, and all your friends, are gonna die, because you were too careless."

"Pathetic! Worthless! Stupid! Useless!" they began to chant, flying around her head. Kawaii~Chan curled up into a ball, batting at her Inner Demons. Loud tears were free-flowing down her face as she sobbed and yelled at them to go away. She felt like she was drowning, her Inner Demons pulling her down as she floated limply against them, waiting to drown.

"Nana, listen to me," she heard through the haze. It sounded like Zane was trying to speak with her while he was on the surface and she was drowning. "You are important!" he yelled, "You're not useless. You helped us so much and helped so many people that we evacuated from here!"

Kawaii~Chan felt herself being pulled from the water, something pulling her up.

"You matter and you weren't careless when you came here! You wanted to help and you didn't know that you would be ambushed!"

Kawaii~Chan felt like her head broke the surface of the water and she gasped for breath. She looked around her cell and saw all of her Inner Demons circling around her, but looking at Zane with a look of pure hatred. They began to hiss at him, ignoring Kawaii~Chan long enough for her to scoot away. Once she was far enough, her Inner Demons disappeared, whispering that they weren't gone, they would be back. She collapsed on the floor, her shoulders shaking.