Chapter Six

They ended the meeting and quickly sped up the rest of Mt. Flame, grabbing Daniel and Dottie, and reaching the top in a matter of minutes. They looked down the vent and saw Blaze on a large platform in the middle. Now, since volcanoes go very deep into the Earth, Blaze had to create a series of platforms made out of obsidian to make up his house. Each one was a different level, connected by some obsidian stairs. A set of stairs led up to the top, where anyone who wished could enter.

"Blaze!" Daniel and Dottie yelled down at him. He looked up from what he was doing and his face lit up.

"Brother! Sister!" he yelled back up, motioning for them to come down. All the gods walked down the stairs, making sure to keep their clothes from catching fire.

Blaze had fiery red hair that seemed to glow, and a single blue eye, the other green. He was incredibly tanned, most likely from his time in the fire and he was covered in scars. He was also a werewolf, so he had super fluffy ears and a tail, which were both a dark black, like coal. He was currently wearing a pair of pants that faded from red to orange to yellow, like a raging fire, and a pair of black scandals.

"What're you guys doin' here?" the God of Fire asked once they had all reached the platform he was on.

"We need your help," Aphmau said, taking on a serious tone.

Blaze's face instantly turned dark at the urgency in her voice and his ears perked up. "What's up?"

They quickly informed him about Michael and what he had done. Once they were done, Blaze looked at the ground and quickly turned, punching a wall.

"HE WHAT!?" he yelled, causing the whole volcano to shake.

"I think you heard, but we have a plan," Aaron said, being the only one brave enough to speak after Blaze's outburst.

"Fill me in," he said, turning back, his eyes burning with the rage of a thousand suns.

"We found out that Michael has only one weakness," Zane said, stepping up, "He gets easily distracted."

"So," Lucinda said, "we need you to create some distractions while we get into the castle and free the other gods."

"Like, create a fire or something?" Blaze asked, sitting on a nearby rock.

"More like an explosion," Katelyn informed him, picking up a small rock and examining it, "A big one,"

"Go on" Blaze said, a scary smile spreading across his face. The others began informing him on the plan.

Back at the palace, chaos was raining. Michael had begun to torture the gods for answers on where to find Irene.

"I'll ask you again, where can I find her!?" he yelled, pushing the knife further into Travis' chest. Travis' screams echoed throughout the castle, causing several plants to wither and die. He took a deep breath and looked Michael dead in the eyes.

"And I'll tell you again, go die in a fire," he wheezed out, spitting blood into Michael's green eyes.

Michael closed his eyes, and wiped the blood off in disgust. He pulled the knife from his chest and swiped it acrossed Travis' face, creating yet another scar.

Travis had been going through this for hours, his white hair matted with blood and his eyes beginning to lose their brightness. His shirt had been ripped off at some point and was lying, bloodied on the floor near where he was chained to the low ceiling. Multiple scars and stab wounds riddled his body and face, making him nearly unrecognizable. He couldn't die from any of them, since he was immortal, but it did hurt him very badly.

"Why won't you tell me?" Michael growled, grabbing Travis' face and making him look into his eyes, "All this suffering would end and I would let you go,"

Travis laughed, the sound coming out as more of a dry wheeze. "Even if I knew, I know you wouldn't let me go. You're the God of Trickery and Lies, remember?"

Michael, enraged by the statement, brought his fist back to punch him, but stopped when the palace began to shake. He turned towards the door and walked out, leaving Travis to dangle limply from the ceiling.

"Everyone clear on what to do?" Aaron asked. He and the others were stationed right outside of the palace, about to execute their plan. Rylan hadn't been able to find any kind of unguarded entrance, so they had to sneak into one of the guarded ones.

"Got it," they all said, nodding their heads and getting up. Aphmau and the wolf pups stationed themselves near the entrance, where two werewolf guards were stationed. Aaron, zane and Kawaii~Chan hid a little ways away, in case things got ugly, and Blaze and Katelyn flew up above them. Lucinda began walking towards the guards. 

The guard were both werewolves, and were wearing matching red uniforms and silver helmets, a spear in one hand.

"Hello, boys," Lucinda said, beginning to lace some magic into her words.

"Who goes there?" The one on the left said, pointing his spear at her.

"Dormio," she said, the spell floating out of her mouth and into the guards' ears. The two instantly began swaying and soon fell to the ground, fast asleep.

"It's clear," she called out to the others. They all came out of their hiding spots.

"So, that was a sleep spell?" Katelyn asked, floating down to the ground.

"Yep," Lucinda replied, watching as Aaron and Blaze began to drag the guards behind a rock, "It should hold for a few hours, so we've got some time to work with."

Daniel and Rylan then changed into the uniforms the guards were wearing. They were both a little bit big on the two, but it would have to do.

"So, we've just gotta stay here and wait for Dottie?" Daniel asked, holding the spear tightly.

"Yep," Dottie said, "I'll come by with any gods unable or unwilling to fight and we'll evacuate them,"

Daniel nodded in understanding and stood up as tall as he could to make himself look bigger and scarier. Kawaii~Chan stood next to them, a small first aid kit in her hands.

"Then, Kawaii~Chan will try and heal them to the best of her abilities," she said, taking a deep breath.

"You gonna be okay?" Zane asked, going over to her.

She nodded. "I'll be fine, Zane," she said. She, then, stood up on her tiptoes and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

"Wh-what was that for?" Zane stuttered, his face turning bright red.

"Good luck," she stated, smiling a little.

Zane quickly shuffled away, getting into position as Aphmau began to tease him. Then, it was time for the first distraction.

Blaze and Lucinda sneaked towards the front of the palace and began their distraction. Blaze created a small, contained explosion and pushed it up into the air. Lucinda then blew some expansion magic into it and made it about the size of a small house. They led it a little ways away and Blaze set it off, causing the palace to shake and crumble a little bit.

"Go! Go! Go!" Zane yelled at everyone, pushing them inside. They quickly made their way inside the palace and looked around. They seemed to be in a small hallway that lead towards the dungeons.

"Down there," Aaron said, beginning the trek down. What they found was something that still burns its way into their nightmares every night.