Chapter Five

Meanwhile, back at the palace, Michael had completely taken over. He had brainwashed any werewolves that were left, so that they obeyed his every command. He, then, stationed them at any entrance that he knew of as guards. As for all the gods, he had chained them up and put them in their own individual cells in the palace dungeons.

While all of the stuff with Aaron and the others was going down, he could be found strolling down the halls of the dungeons, having a conversation with Ein. While Ein had allowed Michael to take a hold of his body, he was still able to take control over it when he wanted. Like, when he was talking. (Think of it like when Ghost and Kim are talking)

"Michael?" he said.

"Yes, my friend?" Michael said, stopping near one of the few empty cells.

"Why did you chain up all the gods?"

Michael coy smile spread across his face. "Oh," he said, "If I am to get Irene's attention, I have to do something to her creation."

"How will it get her attention?" Ein asked, skeptical.

Michael took a deep breath, obviously annoyed with all of these questions. "They will pray to her for help and she will come when she finds out who locked them up." He pointed to himself.

"But what about the gods that escaped? Like Aphmau, the Sun Goddess?" Ein said, "I want my queen."

"They will come and you will get your part of the deal," Michael stated, leaving the dungeons.

What he didn't know was that a certain God of Power was being held in a nearby cell and he had heard every word.

Once Aphmau and Zane had woken up from their map, the group set out for Mt. Flame. Everyone had joined them, except for Rylan. He had decided to go back to the palace and scout it out to see where they could best get in. The rest of the group would meet up with him once they were done at Mt. Flame.

They all walked through the forest, Katelyn stationed at the front and Zane stationed at the back. Aaron, who had been in the front near Katelyn, began to fall into step with Aphmau, who was still a little groggy from her nap.

"You okay?" he asked her.

She yawned. "Yeah, just tired." she said, "I'm not sure that my nap was long enough,"

Aaron thought for a second. "Do you want us to stop?" he asked, "You should be in top shape when we get to Mt. Flame."

Aphmau shook her head. "We need to keep," she yawned, "going," Her eyes began to get heavier the longer she walked. She nearly tripped over a fallen tree branch. Aaron was not having it. He stooped down and picked her up, putting her on his back.

Her face turned beet red. "What what are you doing?" she stuttered out.

"I'm letting you take a longer nap," Aaron said, continuing to walk. Aphmau was too tired to really argue, so she let her head fall on his shoulder. Soon, she was fast asleep.

Kawaii~Chan was right behind them, trying to hold back her screams. She had been shipping Aaron and Aphmau for years and she had been starting to wonder when the effects would start to take place. She was so absorbed in her own fangirling that she didn't notice Zane come up next to her.

"You look like you're about to explode," he commented, making her nearly jump into a nearby tree.

"Zane~Kun!" she exclaimed, "You scared Kawaii~Chan,"

"Sorry," he said, putting his hands up in mock surrender, "Just wanted to talk."

Kawaii~Chan's face brightened. "Kawaii~Chan was just watching Aarmau take place," she said, going back to looking at the two in front of her, one of which was beginning to snore softly.