THE BIG SICK

TITLE : THE BIG SICK *
SEASON : AU (if you want to)
LOVE INTEREST : AMY SANTIAGO
OC NAME(S) : AZIZ MALEK *
OC FACE-CLAIM(S) : ???

DESCRIPTION :
"TELL ME THE TRUTH. CAN YOU REALLY IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE WE END UP TOGETHER?" *

SUMMARY :
Amy Santiago is not one to have a one night stand. Not ever. She's a female sergeant for the NYPD, a well-respected professional at the 99th precinct, the winner of the 2015 Halloween Heist... Point is, she doesn't have time to fool around with a guy. That way, she's got everything under control.

That is, until her friends Rosa and Gina decide to take her out to this stand-up comedy show, and she breaks her number one rule of dating: effectively, she ends up spending the night with one of the main comedians, Aziz Malek. And then he has to drive her home, which just adds to the awkwardness...

Somehow, love blossoms. And, like all flowers do, it withers away.

Aziz Malek's life is alright, or so you could say. Like, it's a mess — a huge one — with his conservative Muslim parents playing cupid with the daughters of their own Muslim friends, and his struggles in the stand-up comedy world, and the constant and disgusting islamophobia, and his relgious beliefs which are all over the place (but definitely not on his parents' side, and they definitely can't find out about that)... But, you know. It's fine. It's alright.

Things, however, take a turn for the worse when he gets a call from the hospital that changes everything, bringing into his life his comatose ex-girlfriend Amy Santiago, the guilt, the doubts, her co-workers who hate him and the fear of having Amy being the one that got away — forever. He just hopes sitting around like a fool on the waiting room will get him a step closer to getting her back.

EXTRA/NOTES :
— based off of the movie the big sick (aka the best rom com of all time hands down) (pls watch it it's so pure)
— you must have watched the film in order to write this !! sorry !
— this summary is shit basically and i certainly didn't do it justice but oh well. you'll know what you need to know if you've watched it
— amy & jake are just friends in this story! (as much as that pains me,,, rip)
— aziz is the purest okay !!! he's just really confused & is having an early middle-age crisis
— aziz being agnostic / atheist doesn't change the fact that he's really proud of his heritage ! he just doesn't know where to stand when it comes to religion
— instead of having amy's parents it'll be the squad so they can be involved in the plot and all that, but ofc amy's parents can still show up !
— aziz finds out about amy because she still has him as her emergency contact or something (: (: (:
— you could always switch everything up; have aziz be in a coma instead of amy and have her deal with his parents
— ngl i dont have any data or wifi to search for a good fc, so you can choose whichever you like! only condition is that it must be of muslim descent !

(written by artemistics / cande)