Chapter 2: Open Wounds

Start from the beginning

It was a new year which meant that he still had a chance.

The two unaware of how they were both having the same thoughts.

His eyes flickered away from her once she walking into school and looked down at his arm. He still wanted that tattoo and he knew only one person who could help him.

.

▷▷▷

.

Imogen stood beside Lydia and Allison, the two girls were standing with her as she put away her notebooks. She was actually relieved that the three had more classes together than they did last year. She had texted Lia this morning asking if she needed a ride but the other blonde said she would be running late.

"Freshmen." Lydia purred, eyeing all the younger boy's that walked passed them. "Tons and tons of fresh men."

"You mean fresh boys." Allison looked a bit baffled by their friends words. "Lydia, they're 14."

"Not to mention it's creepy." Imogen muttered, they would turning seventeen soon. She didn't see the problem with anyone dating anyone older or younger than them but these boy's just got out of middle school so it felt a bit weird for her. "You're acting like some cougar right now."

Lydia waved off their opinions. "Eh, some are more mature than others."

"You know, it's okay to be single." The young witch said gently, closing her locker as she leaned against it. "Focus on yourself for a little while."

"Im, I love you." She said, not seeing the way the other girl winced at the nickname. "So if you need to do that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you, it's totally fine." She exhaled, "But I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction." Her green eyes practically lit up.

Allison and Imogen followed her line of sight. It was a pair of very attractive males who were physically fit. "Brothers?" The brunette asked.

Lydia smirked. "Twins."

Imogen and Allison shared a bemused expression before pulling their genius friend so they could get to class. Lydia could flirt with them later on her own time.

.

▷▷▷

.

The three girls walked into class that was filling up quickly except Imogen was the last one to walk in, her eyes fell on Lia who was in the back sending her a wave.

She looked around and noted that there wasn't anymore seats left except for one that was in front of Scott. Swallowing thickly, she walked over and cleared her throat.

Scott had done his best to not stare at her when she entered the classroom and when he heard her clear her throat, he looked up. He had already known she was there by her scent. "Hey." He greeted.

A faint smile on her lips. "Hey, is this seat taken?" She asked quietly. She suddenly felt melancholy. It was exactly a year ago that she had sat behind him, when he had given her his pen which she actually still had.

He shook his head. "No, no, no, no. No, it's all you, all yours. Uh, it's totally vacant." His own thoughts were on the same detail as her own. He wondered if she had kept his pen.

"Okay." Her smile grew more genuine, her blue eyes shining with mirth as she took her seat. At least she wasn't the only one feeling awkward.

Scott glanced over at Stiles who gave him a thumbs up with an amused look on his face. The werewolf rolled his eyes, ignoring how his own cheeks warmed at how obviously flustered he was by his ex-girlfriend.