Chp. 4 - Our 2nd Tape

Now, on to Jessica's tape. When Hannah was scripting Jessica's tape, she already had what she was going to order me to do to Jessica thought out. Yes, Clay, when you hear Hannah's voice on the second, she already knew she was going to talk me into raping Jessica for her. I set right next to her, holding up cue cards for her as she did test recordings, completely unaware of what else I would later do for her the would hurt Jessica. 

I remember, when proofing the tape #2 script, asking Hannah why she lied about Jessica standing her up for coffee. Hannah planned on tearfully saying from her hospital bed how she was so shock Jessica would lie about the coffee shop just to get out of trouble. How she always thought more of Jessica and that people would believe the wounded girl in the hospital bed over a stupid cheerleader.  

Then Hannah mentioned that she would destroy Jessica mental to the point where she wouldn't be able to make sense anyways. I asked her what she meant by that and that's when I found out about Hannah's plan for Jessica to get raped. in the plan Hannah pitched to me, I was to rape Jessica and Hannah would be a witness, but Hannah said, in her tape, she would say she saw you do it. 

Yes, Clay, this is probably were I lose you, but Hannah told me she planned on framing you for Jessica's rape. She said that was the point of your tape. But she had a different function for you that she hid from me and I'll talk about that when we get to your tape. Or I'll talk about it. I'm probably talking to myself because you threw the headset off in an unbelieving rage now anyways.

Anyways, Hannah's goal ended up evolving as things unfolded. By the end one of her major goals was to make Justin listen to the story of his girlfriend being raped by his best friend and then force him to make a choice. Either don't pass on the story to Jessica and have her find out at the same time as everyone else at school when the backup tapes are released. Or pass this bombshell onto her himself, scare her himself with the very thing he's been trying so hard to protect her from all this time. 

Her next goal was to drop that bombshell on Jessica. To describe Jessica's rape to her in slow, drawn out, intimate detail that Jessica herself didn't have about her own rape. To rub it in her face that 3 other people knew more about her own trama than she herself had. That Hannah herself had watched it all from the front row while Justin was trapped outside. To do all this while painting herself as the victim and Justin as the villian to Jessica made Hannah giddy. 

She wanted to make Jessica pick. Either don't pass it on to Alex, her ex, and risk having the backup tapes released for all to hear. Or for Jessica to force herself to personally deliver her newly found and still processing most private trauma to her ex. And to make this delivery with the knowledge that it's up to her ex, not herself, to pass it on again. And that if he doesn't she will have handed her rape to him on a platter for nothing. 

And to know that she will have to go through this again and again. With no choice or power over who knows about her rape or what they will choice to do with it. Someone down the line could say screw it and have to backup tapes released and Jessica would have no say in it, and mostly no warning of it. Hannah revealed in the idea of using Jessica's rape to take Jessica's choice from her over and over just by the very premise of the tapes. 

Hannah was confident that after that Jessica wouldn't be mentally stable enough to defend herself against the half truths in tape #2.