Children I

"Babe, I'm home." You said, walking into the living room. You placed your keys on the counter before adventuring to the kid's room. You searched for Keiji, but there was no male in sight, as well as no children.

"Keiji?" You asked, searching the house until you reached your bedroom. Plopped in the middle of your bed was your four year old curled up against her dad, (h/c) locks twirled and resting on Keiji's bicep. It was genuinely precious, watching your baby girl and husband snuggled together. His eyes flickered open, studying the figure leaning against the doorway. "Hello my love, you're home." He murmured, moving his hand to run his fingers through his daughter's hair. "I am, how was your nap?" You asked, as your baby girl rubbed her eyes, before whispering, "Daddy," quietly. You felt a smile spread across your face as she buried her head into the side of Keiji, wrapping her little arms around his torso.

You looked towards the corner of the room, seeing your son fast asleep in the rocking chair. Damn. Those things were magical.

"It's been an easy day." Keiji said with a smile, before sitting up. Your daughter slowly followed his lead, rubbing her eyes to watch them finally set on you. "Mummy!" She said, standing on the bed and hopping up and down repeatedly.

"Hello!" You said, moving to the mattress and swooping her up into your arms. Her eyes radiated blue/grey, just like your husbands, with curly and unmanageable locks. "I missed you!" She said, wrapping her arms around your neck. " I missed you too baby girl, what did you do with your dad today?" You asked, peppering her face with kisses.

"Daddy and I had a tea party, before we drew a bunch of cats, so they could look like Uncle Kuroo!!" She said, taking your hand as she slid out of your arms, onto the bed then the floor. She led the way to the dinning room table, where there was several pages of a black fluffy cat drawn over the paper. Crayons littered the table and there was some detailed scribbles on your hardwood table as well. Fantastic.

"I love them, " you said, holding the papers up to inspect them. Almost every single cat depicted had piercing yellow eyes with black fur so fluffy and messy, it might as well have been a portrait of Kuroo himself. You smiled as your heard Akaashi hush your son, who was only a mere three years old. Having two children a year apart was not the smartest of your decisions if we're being completely honest, well, then again, it wasn't on purpose. But, he was a literal angel, he was quiet, much like Keiji, however he loved helping you do chores. It was quite precious really.

"Mommy!" He said, crawling down from Akaashi's arms, before he wrapped his little limbs around your legs. "Hello my love!" You said reaching down to pick up the boy, he as well had his dad's eyes, except they were primarily ocean blue. He was the photocopy of your husband to be completely honest. The only thing that differed between him and Keiji was the fact that he had your ears.

"How was your day?" You asked before he shook his head up and down, signaling it was good. "That's good my love, did daddy take good care of you?" You asked once more, before he shook his head up and down, except more vigorously than the last time. Which meant he did a very good job.

"Keiji, your kids are very satisfied, I guess we'll have to go out and get ice cream to reward them for being so good." You said with a small smile as all of their faces lit up, even your husbands. "I think that sounds like a great idea." Akaashi said, before looking at all of the children, and fast walking down the hall, "Last one to the car gets a single scoop not a double!" throwing the words over his shoulder. One thing about Keiji was that he was the perfect mixture of playful, gentle and authoritative if he wanted to be. He was just great at everything basically.

"Keiji!" You growled, feeling the ice cream cone glide down your face then fall onto the floor of the park. You wiped the milky substance out of your eyes, before your pupils landed on your target of anger, Akaashi. Both your children were flanked by his side, rolling on the floor in laughter as their mother had ice cream dripping off her face, because she had decided to try and do it to their dad.

"You started it. I was just better at finishing it." He said, with a smug look on his face, his tongue swiping up the ice cream still left in his cone.

"You know, I thought you loved me."

"I do, that's why I make sure you don't win all the time. I don't want it to go to your head." Akaashi then smiled, before you turned to chase your children around the park, threatening to smoother them with ice cream. You would have threatened your husband, but the Lord knows he was way too quick for you to even get within a 5 foot radius from him.

Finally, at the end of the twenty minute period, you were exhausted, and walked back to the car with your head down in shame and shirt soaked in ice cream. This was not your picture of an ice cream run.