Chapter 13

As promised, a few weeks later you sat shot gun, beside Kuroo who was the loudest driver on the face of the Earth. Akaashi sat in the back with Bokuto, who's head stuck out of the window, tongue out and ridiculous hair mangled by the wind. Kuroo would often tap the steering wheel and bob his head to the music. Usually, you would have joined in on their antics but you enjoyed living, if you had let Bokuto sit front seat with Kuroo on the way to the beach, you wouldn't have made it out of there alive.

           To add onto Bokuto's usual hyper-energeticness, one of your close friends from school came to join you, who he had 'fallen' in love with . She sat on the other side of the car, giggling at his childishness which fueled his actions even more. Poor Akaashi was stuck in between the two, sometimes throwing you and Kuroo a pleading look. Sure you pitied him, but both you and Kuroo let out a snicker in response. Frequently, you would turn back to check on Akaashi, who looked absolutely unamused at the very least. You felt bad, but there was no way in heck were you going to try and put up with Bokuto's anxiousness in in a closed space. You and Kuroo would sign in harmony to any song you found enjoyable, often handing him the imaginary microphone in hand to pass the time as he drove.

Once you arrived at the beach, to Akaashi's relief, you all climbed out of the car, taking out various chairs, beach towels and blankets. Your group worked your way to a less busy section of the beach, to which you dropped all the stuff and began setting up, Bokuto being nothing but a nusicance.
With all of the chairs and umbrellas assembled, you spread out your towel and turned to Mioko who quickly stripped herself of her clothes and revealed her two piece bikini and a very pale stomach.
"You're so... pale." You commented, looking at her, although you didn't mean for it to be a bad thing.
"Not everybody lived in the sun and at the beach in California." She retorted.
"You didn't let me finish, I was going to continue saying that it definitely makes your red bikini pop" You added on, trying to play off your comment that ended up being taken as an insult.
You had lived a large portion of your life in America, which meant no surnames, honorifics, and where quite a large amount of people strove to be tan. 

   Which was why you hardly ever used surnames or honorifics because you felt more comfortable using their first names, like they did in America. You were so used to seeing tanning bodies and dark skin with blonde hair at the beach that you were quite taken aback when most people hid underneath the shade of the umbrellas. Personally, you weren't one of those people, although you didn't do it just to make your skin tone darker, you did it cause the sun felt amazing on your skin.

Bokuto was the first boy to strip off his clothes, then Kuroo, let's just say volleyball did your best friends well in the abdominal region. Mioko and Bokuto were the first to rush out into the ocean, without putting any sunscreen on, which made Akaashi cringe. Kuroo then followed, after applying some sunscreen, before giving up and taking off after them.
So there you were with Akaashi stretching, waiting to see what he wanted to do. You sat underneath the umbrella, looking up at your boyfriend who had yet to take off his clothes, just like you.
       He slowly took off his shirt, to which you stared at him, taking in every muscle that flexed with his movements. Akaashi definitely could hands down be a model, with the perfect abs, lightly tanned skin, killer legs and gorgeous face.
"You done yet?" He asked, which broke you out of your cringe worthy thoughts. You didn't even realize he had been watching you to see your reaction once he took off his shirt.
"What? I can't help it if you're a freaking model. So I'm going to enjoy every chance I have to see you shirtless." You replied, smiling up at him with a goofy look on your face. He shook his head, gosh he just loved to use his neck muscles to show his disapproval for your usually witty responses. "Don't say such embarrassing things." He replied.
"But your personality is even better you know. Like if I were to cut your heart out of your chest right now it would be dripping in gold."
"Please don't. I like my heart in my chest."
"What heart?" You heard Kuroo say as he walked up from the water to put his sunglasses down.
" What heart?" You asked rhetorically, "Then explain to me why Akaashi has a girlfriend, and you don't?"
"Obviously because he's hot." Akaashi raised an eyebrow, clearly he had heard he was so attractive from both genders that it did not effect him anymore.
" Looks only go so far, that's why in your case, the furthest you've gotten to having a girlfriend was when you hit on that girl in the library with your dumb science pick up line." You said with a fake smile as you watched the stupid smirk on his face disappear into an agitated frown.
"You promised you were never going to bring that up again." He growled, putting his hand on his hip.
"Crossies." You replied, lifting up your crossed fingers, before he stomped off the shore back into the ocean water.
You looked up at Akaashi before taking off your shorts then your shirt, before suddenly feeling insecure and bringing yourself into a protective ball.
"What are you doing?" Akaashi asked, an exasperated expression on his face as he studied your current armadillo-like position.
"My body isn't nearly half as attractive as the other people on this beach. Like Mioko looks like a swimsuit model. And you're hot like usual." You replied quietly, back in California you didn't have a problem being in a swimsuit, but in front of your very attractive boyfriend, you've never felt so self conscious.
                       He knelt down, brushing back the hair that had whisked in front of your face with the light breeze, before sighing. " If anything I don't deserve such an attractive girlfriend. Why do you think every boy thinks you're hot? When we go to volleyball matches they surround you, even at school. It's because you are stunning. I've never seen somebody look so attractive with hardly any clothing on, makes me wonder how amazing you'd look without any at all." He said emotionlessly as he emphasized the last part of his sentence.
                         "Keiji! Only I can say dirty things like that!" You growled at him, fighting the smile on your face while throwing sand at him. Although you knew he only said that to make you smile, he partially meant it. You were freaking hot, and any sane male would have loved to see you in a bikini.
"That's the beautiful smile I wanted to see. Now, let's go swimming now." He replied, helping you up onto your feet. No wonder he was so good at boosting your self esteem, he did it for Bokuto all the time. You grinned, interlacing your fingers as you both walked down from your set up area.