College I

College in America was nice, you were attending one of the junior colleges in California, your roommates being your three best friends from high school. Life was fun, you went to the beach almost any time you had free time, you also made a lot of friends from your classes, but most importantly, you really enjoyed being able to play volleyball with your best friends again.

But, it had been almost 7 months since you had last seen Akaashi, which absolutely tore your heart apart. You both called or facetimed each other almost every night, but, you were both swamped with an excess amount of work and sports. The only thing that kept him hopeful was that this was your second and final year in America before going back.

"Hey babe." Akaashi greeted you as you answered his facetime call on your laptop.
"Keiji! I've missed you so much." You said, taking in his features. He looked extremely tired, but he was just as handsome, probably even more than usual.

"I know, I'm sorry, I've been so busy, Bokuto-san has been having me set late after practices for him, and I'm stuck with a ton of homework," he sighed, running one of his hands through his (still) tousled hair.

"Awh, I'm sorry. If I was there with you right now, you know I'd be doing your homework so you could get some rest. You look exhausted." You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear as you fixed the computer screen.

"I wish you were here. Are you coming back home for winter break?" He asked, it had been way too long since he had seen you in person, and he needed his better half. Winter break started in two days, and he really hoped you would be there, like you had promised.

You sighed, "No, I have too much to get done here, let alone escape practices. I'm sorry."

"What is that, almost 1 year until I see you again?" He asked, by the look on his face, he looked extremely disappointed, and a huge part of him wondered if you were ever going to come back to him.

"Hey well I have to go help the girls fix dinner, I'll call you tomorrow night?" You left his question unanswered, much to his disappointment.

"I can't, tomorrow I'm going out with Kuroo-san and Bokuto-san for one of our teammate's birthday."

"Oh, well whenever you're free then..."

"Yeah... "

"I love you."

"I love you too." He said back, before you turned off the facetime call. Akaashi gulped, he felt like the only thing that was keeping your relationship together was the love you had for each other.

"Come on (f/n)! Dinner is almost ready, also, I'll drop you off at the airport at 3 in the morning the day after tomorrow okay? I talked to your mom and she said she'll be able to pick you up and take you to Keiji's university by like five that evening. Hopefully, he'll be excited, because by the sound of that facetime call, he sounded heartbroken." One of your roommates chirped, leaning against the doorway of your bedroom.

"Yeah hopefully." You felt bad for lying to him, but luckily your roommates helped you finish all of your school work, and the coach was lenient on letting you skip off-season practices, since it had been such a long time since you were actually home in Japan.

Akaashi groaned, before unlocking the door to his apartment he shared with Kuroo and Bokuto. He was shocked to open the door and see Christmas/wintery decorations filling his apartment. There was lights and snowmen, even a medium sized tree decorated in the corner of the living room.

He had absolutely no clue what was going on. He knew two things though, he was completely exhausted and the apartment smelt like cookies, not just any cookies, but your famous sugar cookies.