Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The members of Old School Groove were blasting away their musical talent in the comfort of Elliot's garage when an unexpected range rover parked at the end of his street. From their spot, they saw five boys step out, keeping their heads low as they peered around, searching for a specific house.

"Did they say they were coming today?" Denver was the first to ask, his eyes becoming slits as he leant forwards.

"I don't recall them ever saying they were," Parker responded, pulling the guitar strap tighter around him. The strap was always bothering him these days. He needed to get a new one.

"Lads, over here!" Tommy shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth.

The boys shuffled forwards, making their way happily to Elliot's garage. Tatum was sat in the corner, going through the playlist for Saturday's gig as the band rehearsed and did not bother to look up. She was much too engrossed in finalizing things. She hated when plans were disrupted and destroyed because of one little error. She was not anything near a perfectionist, but she did love it when everything was orderly. It calmed her heart down all the time.

"Morning," a husky voice greeted in Tatum's ear, immediately making her snap her gaze towards it. A green eyed boy smiled back at her. "What are you doing?"

She returned his smile despite feeling a tad bit uncomfortable at the close proximity of their bodies. She could feel the heat radiating off of him and it bothered her. It troubled her whenever a male was this close. Much less someone of his standing.

"I'm completing the list of songs the band is going to perform on Saturday."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Oh. Can I take a look?"

She nodded and handed him the sheet of paper easily. Tying her hair back and taking a short glance around the room, a pair of sparkling blue eyes caught hers. He was stood next to Denver, his snapback on with the rear facing frontward. He shied away the moment Tatum looked at him, an obvious blush blossoming his pale cheeks and travelling down his neck. He laughed alongside the dark haired lead singer of OSG, careful not to glimpse at the only girl in the garage.

"This song," Harry averted her attention back to him. "What's it about?"

Tatum smiled, recalling the time the band had sat down to write it. It was based off the time Tommy accidently threw a party he wasn't meant to have. His parents had gone on one of their yearly vacations, and he invited a couple friends over to play COD. Eventually, those friends figured since the authority figures were not present, it was completely acceptable to text everyone they knew of a party at the end of Dawson Street. It was nothing like the notorious Project X party, but definitely could have been if the police hadn't shown up and shut everything down. Tommy got off lucky, though. The police never contacted his parents and let him go with a stern warning that scared everything in him to this day.

"It's a long story…" Tatum told him. Harry frowned. He hated it when he was the last to know something. "I'll tell you someday, maybe."

Harry dropped the subject soon after and began to converse with Parker who was closest to him. As the morning switched to afternoon, it was a surprise for Tatum to see that the boys still had not made an excuse to leave. She had pegged them for a early exit. It dawned on her that maybe she had misjudged them based on their status. Sure, they were quite famous and wealthy, but on the inside, they honestly were nothing less than regular people. They liked to joke around, have fun and do all the crazy things that most teenagers are in to. Even Louis, the oldest and two years past his teenage phase, was still as lively as a preteen boy who had recently been taught how to shave.