Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Take it from the top!" Tatum instructed the four boys in front of her, glancing over at the sheet of paper in her hands. Written across it was lyrics to the song, Wake Up, It's Summer! "You guys are messing up the chorus over and over again."

Tommy sighed loudly into his microphone while Parker hit him across the shoulder. "Ouch. Watch it, bro." He gave the older boy a firm look.

"Stop being annoying then and concentrate on the song," Parker shot back, rolling his eyes as he strung a random chord on his guitar.

"We will never get anywhere with this video if you all don't cooperate," Tatum warned, her eyes jumping from one boy to the next. "This is important. Remember that."

Nodding their heads at their manager, OSG began once again:

It's Saturday night

don't know what you've been hopin'

I just want to party

let it all go

there's strangers in the house

drinks all around

I think the camera just flashed

the sober are all out

Wake up, it's summer

tell everyone you know

because no matter what you do

this summer's what matters

with you, baby,

the summer's all that matters

with you, oh, oh, oh

They continued with the song, playing it all the way through. Tatum sat back and smiled, crossing her arms in contentment. She knew what these four boys had the ability to do, all they needed to get to the top was to embrace it. They just lacked confidence, is all. Which was not difficult to accomplish, but would take some extra work…on her part as well as theirs. But she believed in them, no matter what, and that's what counted the most. Tatum knew first hand what it felt like to not be trusted and cared about, and she did not want what happened to her, to happen to her band. They deserved the world and that's what she was willing to get for them.

***

"Jared!" Louis banged on the door of their manager's suite. "Open the door!"

A few seconds later, the cream coloured hotel door swung unlocked to reveal a tired looking man standing at the steps. He was unshaven and his eyes were filled with lack of sleep. Seemed to the boys that he had not dozed off well last night. When the lads got home from their adventure yesterday, which consisted of only roaming the streets of Sydney for countless hours, they went straight to bed knowing Jared would not want to hear anything they had to say because they had a lot.

But now was their chance.

"What is it, Louis?" Jared asked, weariness stringed in his voice. "I'm kind of busy at the moment…"

Louis stepped past the man, bringing inside with him his four band mates, all eager to discuss what they wanted to with their thoughtful manger. Jared, rolling his eyes and giving up on the fact that these boys were not about to let him be, shut the door behind them and had them follow him to his personal living room where they all plopped down onto the sofa with a thud.