Oneshot: tired

Character(s): Blue Spinel, Vermiculite
Warnings: None
Genre: Slice of life??? Idfk how genres work
___________________________
"Aghhhh...finally..." the blue gem sighed as she kicked open her bedroom door, literally flopping her aching body onto her double-bed. She threw her glasses off and buried her face in her soft, fluffy pillow, almost hiding.

She'd been on her feet all day, in an exciting trip to a theme park with her friends, getting adrenaline rushes, trying new things, and stuffing her face with any food she could find. Needless to say, this gem was completely drained of all her energy. She was so tired that her tongue hung out of the side of her mouth like a panting dog, her gem glistening on it. The heat had been great for a day out, but even after riding the log flume and getting soaked with water about six times, she was still boiling hot. It was a surprise that her gem hadn't melted.

"Mnnn..." she groaned, flopping her left arm around with closed eyes trying to find the switch for her fan, her other arm hugging her pillow. Because she wasn't paying any attention to where her arm was, she ended up knocking the fan off of her bedside table with a clash, startling her. "GAH!"

Blue Spinel sat up, rubbing her eyes, and stared grumpily at the now broken fan. Well, it wasn't unfixible, but the...frames? Whatever they were called, they had fallen off - and she was certainly too tired to put it back together right now.

She tried not to curse - not because she was against it, but she just didn't want to - but she couldn't help arguing with the inanimate object. "Stupid goddamn fan, stop breaking, you stupid piece of shit, metal," she rambled, and then got up to open the windows.

As soon as she turned the handle and pushed the window open, a cool breeze flew into the room and hit her face. Blue sighed in utter relief. Since it was now late afternoon, the sun was near setting and the atmosphere was cooling. Thank god for that. She flopped back onto her bed and grinned.

Then, somebody gently opened the door, chuckling. "Hey, Blue? What's up with the Chrome Diopside impression? Y'know, the fighting with the fan or whatever?" Vermiculite asked, leaning on the door frame.

"It broke..." Blue Spinel said, her voice muffled by the pillow, before falling asleep.