Captured

Kili's POV

As the elven gaurds threw me into a cell all I felt was anger. We had come so far, defeated so many enemies, and now some selfish elven king was going to keep us from reclaiming our home land.

As the blonde prince - or should I say princess - looked back at me I glared at him. If it wasn't for his father and his stupid grudge...

I could hear my fellow dwarves hitting the bars of their cells in frustration and arguing. It seemed that all of us were feeling the same anger.

Frustrated, I sat down against the wall at the back of my cell. There was no point in brooding, we were all stuck here until the king decided the let us out - whether or not that was before durin's day we had no way of knowing.

As these thoughts passed through my mind I realized how tired I was. The journey so far had taken a toll on me. Slowly my eyes began to drift shut as I fell into a deep sleep.

After what felt like only minutes, I was woken by the loud voices of gaurds. I rushed towards the front of my cell, trying to see if there were any updates from king thranduil. Instead I saw something that shocked me.

Two elven guards were walking toward my block of cells. One held an unconscious girl in his arms. As they came closer I began to be able to make out what they were saying.

"Looks like the little kitty lost her fight tonight" one chuckled.

The one who held her looked at his partner with disgust. "One girl versus a whole pack of wargs was no fair fight." He retorted. "She's lucky she made it out alive."

"The king would never let his favorite pet die." The first speaker responded. "Throw her in her cell and lets go."

The guards placed the girl into the cell next to mine and left without another word. She had her back towards me.

Through the bars that separate our cells I was able to get a closer look at the girl. Her olive skin was covered in battle wounds - cuts, bruises, and what seemed to be claw and teeth marks. Only some of the wounds seemed to be fresh, others looked much older and were accompanied by many scars. She had shoulder length brown hair that sprawled out around her as she laid on the floor.

As I looked on she groaned in pain and rolled so she was facing my cell. In the dim light of the dungeons I was barely able to make out her features. Her face was in similar condition to the rest of her body - bruised and cut. A long white scar ran ran down her left cheek. A golden necklace laid around her neck, it almost resembled a collar.

Just then, her eyes slowly fluttered open.