the self dxing, fetishisation of dx + things that make me lose faith in humanity

long title ik but im loopy since i have yet to eat breakfast and i just got my blood taken so yeah [ at the time i wrote the title ]

anyways, if you haven't been on tumblr for more than a week, i'll explain new terms every time an unfamiliar term comes up, e.g. 'self dx'

'self dx' basically means 'self-diagnosed'. from that term alone, i guess you'll understand what it is i will be talking about here.

there are a lot of people on tumblr who self diagnose things on themselves, and it's considerably very very harmful, to themselves and others.

here is a picture of a user who self dxed themselves:

and as you can already see, this is something you should worry about

not gonna comment on the #blm on their, or should i say, sher bio because that's another rant.

see, they self dxed themselves with bipolar disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and body dismorphia, dismorphia being a madeup term and a fancier way of saying dysphoria but for people who think they're a different specie.

and that works well considering the fact that the person put, and i quote, transgendered, transpecies, and transaged on their bio!

i feel like i could barf honestly. transpecies being a different specie and transage being a different age.

transpecies would be me, a homo sapien / human, identifying myself as a cat instead of a human, pronouns being optional. transage would be me, a teenager, identifying as a 100 year old man instead of my actual age. transgender is already an obvious term.

i'll rant about more genders in a while [ included in the 'things that make me lose faith in humanity' section ] but for now, let's continue to talk about disorders.

self-diagnosing is somehow acceptable in the place where, apparently, 'you shouldnt fetishize / romanticize disorders uwu!!!' and they even make pride flags.

let me say that again. they make pride flags for disorders.

 they make pride flags for disorders