shoto todoroki | angst (part 1)

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind AU

If you could, would you erase the memories of your past lover?

(Y/N) gazed vacantly at her phone. One by one, she was slowly deleting every picture of her ex-lover, Shoto. With every photo she deleted, her heart sank lower into a pit of despair. She stared fondly at some of her favorite memories. The picnics, the holidays, the late night study sessions. They were all ripped from her so suddenly. She wrapped her blanket tighter around her trembling body. Silents sobs were left unheard. Her family and friends attempted to reach out to her, with no success. She felt lost, not sure what to do with herself anymore. She peered over to the empty side of her bed. She couldn't help but feel as if he should be next to her, embracing her like he had been doing since their first year at U.A. She missed him, she missed every bit of him. She shuddered at the thought of a life without him.

How could he leave me?

Shoto fiddled with his phone. He was going back and forth on the thought of contacting you or not. Ever since the break up, he has felt as if there was a gaping hole in his chest. You were on his mind at all times. He couldn't seem to make you leave, even in his dreams. He tossed his phone to the side. Finally deciding he wasn't going to text. After all, you probably hated him. He ran his hands through his duo colored hair in frustration. He so desperately wanted to hear your voice, but he knew he couldn't.

He wasn't aware of the menacing figure that entered his room. Endeavor stood in front of Shoto, glaring at him as he sat grieving on his bed. Endeavor never liked the thought of Shoto having a girlfriend all throughout his years at U.A. He always thought you were a distraction from his studies. How could he surpass All Might with you holding him back? He was disgusted by Shoto's actions. A heartbreak should be the least of his worries, especially after graduating from U.A.

Endeavor was mostly to blame for the breakup. (Y/N) was offered a position in a hero agency in America after graduation. He didn't need Shoto meddling in long distant relationships, so he began filling his son's head with doubt and resentment. He didn't need his son to be anymore distracted than he already was. But, Endeavor had the perfect solution to his son's problems.

"Shoto, I've had enough of you moping around. I've come to offer you help"

Shoto's head shot up and sent his father a cold glare while gritting his teeth. Anger erupting in his chest. How could his cruel father ever empathize with what he's feeling right now. He never gave a damn about him or his family, why would he now?  Endeavor handed a business card to Shoto, causing him to calm down.

"Lacuna Inc.", Shoto read out loud, curiously. He looked all over the card for more details. The only detail he noticed on the plain card was the company name printed on the front with an address underneath.

"That's right." An unfamiliar voice said. At the door frame of the room stood an older man in a white lab coat. "I've heard you've recently went through a terrible break up. I can help." he stated simply.

"How?" Shoto questioned.

"It's a simple procedure. It doesn't involve any pain. We wouldn't even have to leave your home. You would lay down in your bed and I would place this device on your head and it's designed to...ease the pain of a break up." The doctor spoke trying to find the right words to explain the procedure without giving away Endeavor's true intentions.

"And one more thing," the doctor mentioned, "I will need to ask you a series of questions before the procedure. I will need to record Your answers for your file since it is apart of the procedure." he said.