Lettuce Celebrate (Dots POV)

I have been waiting for Jax to show up for over thirty minutes, I was now on my second cup of coffee. He had text me saying that he was trying to find an excuse to leave; which I understood as Kasey goes everywhere with him. I don't know what it would take for Kasey to see the truth, not only in how Jax feels about her, but more importantly how she truly feels about him. All I know is if this plan doesn't work, I'm going to just start reading the letter out loud, it being the only thing I recite until it imbeds into her brain.

The door chimed, I glanced up from my coffee cup to find Jax walking through the door- he stood there, wiping his chucks on the mat, and glancing around the restaurant looking for me.

I let out a low, quick whistle, waving my hand. He turned his head, sending a nod and a smile my way. As he strutted over to my table, everything became slow motion. Unzipping his coat, exposing the grey t-shirt that if he flexed, no doubt it would rip. The once chubby cheeks had morphed themselves into perfect dimples, complimenting his chizzled jaw.

I quickly looked around, all female eyes around Pork N' Belly were on Jax, including a set of male's eyes over at the corner table in which I had heard him sing, "Hayyyy".

Staring at him, it was unbelievable that he were the same Jaxon Tenner that I have known since kindergarten. When I look at him, I can't help but feel proud. He had endured a lot in the years that I've known him, including being diagnosed with Diabetes. Which I might add, he was declared Diabetes free about a year into military school. He is a determined soul, and so am I. Him and Kase belong together, and if we can't do it, damn it, Mr. Graham will. I cleared my throat as he tossed his coat into the booth seat, plopping down with an anxious smile.

"Jesus, Jax," I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"What?" he shrugged, completely oblivious to the scene he'd caused just by walking into this place.

"You didn't notice your entrance was like a teenage rom-com scene?" I looked around, some eyes were still on Jax.

He glanced around, with a lazy smirk on his face. "Guess I can scratch that off my bucket list," He raised his hand, gesturing a high five.

High fiving the air back at his gesture, I said, "Jax, do you realize who that boys father was at the theatre when Kase knocked over that popcorn?"

He furrowed his brows, thinking about it for a moment. "Uh, yeah actually. He's the guy at that World something Entertainment place," he eyed me curiously. "Why?"

"He read your Dear Kasey letter," I smiled slyly.

Jaxs' vibe completely shifted from chill to thrilled. "He did!?" He asked excitedly. "What'd he say?" He asked, gesturing his hand to the waiter. "Hang on a sec," He told me, ordering a water and a grilled chicken salad. I waited.

"Sorry," He said, taking a sip of his water.

"His reading your letter isn't the most interesting part, Jax. He had read the letter with the hopes you guys were together after all this time. He realized you weren't when practically the entire town of Bowmont started writing him letters with copies of the Dear Kasey letter that you've been dropping everywhere. They've been asking Mr. Graham to help you in getting her to read the letter," I leaned forward towards the table in a serious manner. "Jax, Mr. Graham has been looking for you for over a month,"

His eyes grew wide. "You're kidding me, right?" He coughed, choking on his water. "Me?"

"Not kidding," I shook my head. "Serious as a heart attack."

"Mr. Graham, he ..." he stuttered in disbelief, finger pointing at his chest.

"You," I nodded. "He has a spot to fill at the Bowmont Winter Fest, and he wants to have a Dear Kasey booth with KTVI live streaming," I waggled my brows.

"Oh-my-God! This is perfect!" He laughed aloud, his cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Fuck, yes!" He said a little too loudly, punching the air with excitement. The glimmer of hope in his eyes that had disappeared weeks ago was now returning.

I hear a gasp followed by a scoff coming from next to me. I looked to my left, a woman was standing there with her hands over her toddler sons ears, glaring at Jax. "You have a filthy mouth,"

"You think I'm bad, you have no idea," Jax snorted. The woman looking at me assuming I was the one Jax were referring to. My eyes grew wide, I shook my head. He was referring to Kasey who clearly was starting to rub off on him.

"Fuck, yes." The little toddler boy copied Jax, now dancing around in circles. The words spilling from his mouth on repeat, the word fuck sounded like fut. His dance moves, and tone coming together hilariously in unison. "Fuck, yes. Fuck-yes-fuck-yes-fuck-yes,"

The woman's face turning beet red as she gritted her teeth wanting to let Jax have it. But instead she growled out of anger, shaking her head then taking her son by the hand and pulling him out the door.

"Merry Christmas!" Jax hollered, waving to the boys mom who was now walking by the window glaring at him. You could still hear the little boy, his words muffled through the glass window pane. Jax gave him a thumbs up, then looking at me, waggled his brows. "Christmas dinner at their house should be fun," He winked, shoving a bite of grilled chicken into his mouth.

I laughed aloud, it was becoming even more apparent to me right now, more than ever, just how perfect him and Kasey were for each other. I felt excitement bubbling up within me, this was going to work. It has to.