The Victor

Finally, after days of nothing but white walls and doctors, I get to see Finnick and the rest of my prep team.

Literally as soon as I'm out the door, my prep team showers me with hugs and kisses. I was so happy to see some familiar faces, but I was even happier when Finnick handed me my District Two necklace. The doctors had taken it away after the games.

"Thank you, Finnick. I thought I'd never see it again," I say, giving him a huge hug.

"You deserve it. You did good, Nora," he replied.

"Alright, alright, come on people, we have to get Nora ready for her interview with Caesar," says my stylist. They lead me off to some sort of salon where they clean me up and start dressing me for the interview.

They dress me in a beautiful navy blue dress with gold heels

They dress me in a beautiful navy blue dress with gold heels. While my stylist is grabbing pins and such for my hair. I put on Ashley's District Two necklace.

My stylist sees it and reaches over to take it off, but I grab her wrist tight and say, "The necklace stays," then I release her wrist and she continues doing my hair. She puts it in a very pretty, braided up-do. It's not crazy looking like the way Capital citizens wear their hair, it's simple. I love it. When she finishes with my makeup, we head off to the stage.

Caesar announces my name and I walk out onto the stage, the crowd cheering and chanting my name as I take a seat beside Caesar.

He congratulates me on my victory, then we talk about my outfit for a little while. When he finishes on talking about my appearance, we watch the Games. I try to hold back tears as I'm forced to watch my friends die all over again. I'm relieved when the interview is over and I can finally go back to the hotel.

When back at the hotel, I thought "Now I may actually be able to get some sleep," but I was wrong. Every time I tried to sleep, I would see the faces of my friends and my enemies, and I would hear their screams echo through my mind as they all perish.

I wake up crying and breathing heavily. I realized then that the games will never truly end for me. Yes, I won, but all the things I did in order to accomplish this victory, and all the people who gave their lives for me will haunt me forever.